F**k It

Guest noob_biker

Feel like my riding is getting worse by the day since my last off, so I'm at the car park for the local guided busway and I'll stay here until I get my confidence back. Sort of struggling to relate my riding now to my riding before. Also, keep wobbling when I lean the bike because my arms subconsciously lock up. I won't have it! This isn't like me at all and I hate it.

Feel like my riding is getting worse by the day since my last off, so I'm at the car park for the local guided busway and I'll stay here until I get my confidence back. Sort of struggling to relate my riding now to my riding before. Also, keep wobbling when I lean the bike because my arms subconsciously lock up. I won't have it! This isn't like me at all and I hate it.

Don't put yourself down, any off knocks your confidence. From what you are saying, it sounds like you need to stop overthinking, and just give it time and just get miles under your belt to let you settle back into it.

Oozie/Wollsy/RantMachine/husband person! :lol:

Moo's mantra, in order of important-ness (for me at least):

> relax your arms (say it out loud)

> relax your hands but still keeping a good grip on the handlebars

> look ahead into the corner, physically lift and turn your head, whilst also checking the road surface. You can still look into the corners on dark roads you're familiar with - look ahead into the blackness at where you know the road is. Don't stare only a couple of feet in front of you.

> relax your face

> breathe normally

> sing

> smile

> keep as upright as you can on roundabouts/corners

> ignore any dickish drivers tailgating you if it happens

> don't fret. Don't tell yourself off. Doesn't matter if you're mega slow. Conditions aren't great atm and you don't travel in rush hour. Chill out. You'll get it back.

The big bikey lesson on Sunday will help up both. Keep smiling xxx :mrgreen:

Do the chicken dance. Flap your arms like a chicken while riding. This has 2 effects:

1) You have to relax your arms and shoulders in order to flap them

2) It's impossible to be tense while laughing your arse off and feeling like such a fool :D

Oozie/Wollsy/RantMachine/husband person! :lol:

Moo's mantra, in order of important-ness (for me at least):

> relax your arms (say it out loud)

> relax your hands but still keeping a good grip on the handlebars

> look ahead into the corner, physically lift and turn your head, whilst also checking the road surface. You can still look into the corners on dark roads you're familiar with - look ahead into the blackness at where you know the road is. Don't stare only a couple of feet in front of you.

> relax your face

> breathe normally

> sing

> smile

> keep as upright as you can on roundabouts/corners

> ignore any dickish drivers tailgating you if it happens

> don't fret. Don't tell yourself off. Doesn't matter if you're mega slow. Conditions aren't great atm and you don't travel in rush hour. Chill out. You'll get it back.

The big bikey lesson on Sunday will help up both. Keep smiling xxx :mrgreen:

:stupid:

Remember - When you were born, you could not walk! You learnt and fell over more than once (often with associated pain) BUT.........

Shit happens Ollie - You just need to put it behind you and remember what fun riding a motorcycle is.

:cheers:

Do I need to let off steam.

A Planning officer has just held up registering our application because on the drawing title block I`ve just written "proposed floor plans" for a new house. The plans have elevations on and she wants me to change the title block to "Proposed floor plans and elevations"

FFS what is this woman on. When you look at the drawing it`s f**king obvious the elevations are on it too.

Don't forget to change it to read 'Proposed Floor Plans, Elevations, Other Bits and metric Dimensions (plus cake crumbs)' otherwise you WILL be in big TROUBLE!

Just got told that there will not be any volunteer redundancies available in our area! F**k It!

Suspended from work today.

Totally ridiculous. Went in for 4:55am standby duty to find it was changed overnight to a 7am-8:30pm shift. not happy, was told I could finish early and they would cover it.

So I am doing my duty, get off the bus at 11 for my first break, get told I am meant to run another service into Bristol on my break, then carry on with the rest of my duty when I get back. In other words, no break, expected to work through my unpaid break for free.

I said no.

Called to office, suspended on full pay till disciplinary meeting.

f**k em. Gonna apply to a different bus company I don't need this kind of crap.

f**k it, just had water pissing through the extension ceiling - looks like the cowboys who did the neighbours guttering did it wrong so the runoff goes straight in to my roof space. That'll be me up all night running around with buckets and the like.

• 2 weeks later...
Everything. Absolutely everything. Why does feal life christmas always end up like an Eastenders christmas special, eh?

Christmas is probably the most difficult time of year in reality. Many of us have to work it or work crazy hard to make sure everything is sorted ready for it, decorate the house, spend hundreds on presents while our purse strings get tighter, write wanky cards that no one cares about, full of expectations and shite. Holiday next Christmas methinks..somewhere they don't celebrate it. And no family are allowed to die before or on it in particular (so sorry to hear Fozzie's grandad also passed away).. God it's been the worst ever.

But it can't get any worse. You're gonna pass your practical soon and lol at me still on Ermintrude, thrash me on corners and ride it like you stole it (carefully :lol: !) while I pootle along and only wave at you when filtering. You'll get the pay rise you so badly deserve and visit your crazy brother in Austria and your parents that you don't see enough. Not to mention all the rideouts and biker meets that are to come as from a couplea months time.

So many hugs xxx