What music have you been listening to recently?

Guest Legatron

The Prodigy’s new Album

They are now where near as good as they used to be, i always listen to their new stuff at least once in the hope they have a gem in there. I have been disappointed since their hay days.

Still, Keith has to keep the money coming in to fund his motorbike race teams, so it can’t be a bad thing.

Just came in to find my kids rolling around on the floor laughing, listening to this. Someone clearly had too much time on his hands! :lol:

">

I have a habit of sending this to an old work colleague a couple of times a year, ever since he had to walk out of a meeting when someone put it on the projector. He was pretty much hyperventilating

">

Normally time sending it with whenever he seems to be having a tough time of it, our own personal rickroll :thumb:

I have a habit of sending this to an old work colleague a couple of times a year, ever since he had to walk out of a meeting when someone put it on the projector. He was pretty much hyperventilating

Normally time sending it with whenever he seems to be having a tough time of it, our own personal rickroll :thumb:

Whoever this guy is, he's a f*cking genius! :lol:

Whoever this guy is, he's a f*cking genius! :lol:

For fear of derailing the thread and incurring the wrath of the mods, this is the last one I'll post. Different guy I think but same idea

">

Back to being sensible for a moment, I'm trying to get to grips with jazz drumming, which I really don't understand at all - I just can't get my head around jazz form, and so much of it sounds like pointless and pretentious musical masturbation to me. I'm currently listening to some Miles Davis, which I'm actually quite enjoying, but I've also been immersing myself in Art Blakey, Buddy Rich, Elvin Jones (Coltrane), Max Roach and Antonio Sanchez (Pat Metheny) over the last few months.

As amazing as they all are I can only listen to so much before I have to stick some ZZ Top on and get a good Texas shuffle going. 8-)

An English version of the great chanson 'dans le port d'Amsterdam' by the Belgian singer Jaques Brel,

sung by one of the greatest singers, David Bowie.

Port of Amsterdam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=logGmozHfG4

Edited by old-timer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I recently bought the album "Numb" by Hammerbox and literally cannot get enough, there's not a bad or boring song on it. Anyone who played 32-bit Road Rash will know Hammerbox for their songs Trip and Simple Passing but here is the one I've been singing to myself all week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU7ENKRC0bo

I love the production, the tone, but mostly Carrie Akre's vocals - girls can front rock bands too!

The Pogues Featuring Kirsty MacColl - Fairytale Of New York

Voluntarily or involuntarily ?

I'm not sure why you ask...

But nobody had to twist my arm to make me post this song... 8-)

Happy new year

giphy-1.gif.1ad5a051bfb5d368e7415a7a3e199e45.gif