TMBF Rally 2012 13/14th July chat thread

Stu

All I can say is if we get any rain I hope it isn't going to be like the monsoons we've just had!! :shock:

I've been checking out the weather forecast on several different sites & they all seem to be saying that we could have the odd light shower - nothing like what we've just had Gill!! :shock: :D

*where's the 'finger's crossed' smiley?*

It will be fine. We've had rain in the past and we have had hot sunny days. Lets not worry about the weather and just have a good time

yeah I want to go on the rideout and if its going to be raining the bike is staying at home as long as its dry ish I dont care :mrgreen:

Well, I have mentally prepared. I am riding up from south wales, I don't give a stuff if it's wet or not. not criticising anyone for taking the car, being on a bike in the wet will never be particularly fun, but I just think it will be a bit of an adventure! if it's wet I normally drive the car to work, for the hassle of the extra gear as much as anything else. But like I said, I have just decided I am riding, no question.

I would quite like to know what its going to be like tho, weather wise, just so I know what to expect!

Well I'll be in the car as I'm wi the missus and as I have a room it can do what it likes, nah would prefer it dry so we can hang outside.

Don't want the bike there tho so no need to worry about drink driving!

Yeah.....I think we'll be taking it very easy on Friday night as I need to be OK for the rideout on Saturday. Not going too mad Saturday night either as we've got to head home on Sunday....although we prob don't need to leave until after lunch..... 8-)

We're taking the bikes.....rain or shine.... :)

Saw a decent tent in a local shop......Vango Beta 250......2-man tent with a big porch bit on the front....£75 which didn't seem too bad for a decent make tent..... 8-)

Right, I only joined today and have been talking to several lovely people on here through posts and chat day and night...and I'm 75% sure I'm gonna go! It'll be my second ever big journey, and I'd be coming alone from Cambridge. I've arranged to borrow my dad's satnav (I already have a mount and waterproof case from when I borrowed it b4), a few ppl sent me links for a new headlight and I've just bought that. I need to check my tyre pressure for the first time - hopefully won't look too stupid at the garage when I do that - and yeah, I've even got my cow tent!

I'd be coming up Sat tho as I work Friday - unless I came up straight from work (which is possibly unlikely)...what time is the rideout on Saturday plz? Anything else I need to know?

Oh yeah, the sat nav's battery life is a bit shoddy - I think you can buy extra battery-life charger-y things on ebay tho...will need to look into that, doubt I'd be able to wire it to my bike. This sounds like lots of fun...I'm pretty sure I'll come along :up:

879773634_RQ-DSCN0531.jpg.b42844773c98923775b4485d853eff46.jpg

P.S - this is what I did the last time the sat nav ran out of battery!!

I'd be coming up Sat tho as I work Friday - unless I came up straight from work (which is possibly unlikely)...

but its light till 10 in the summer, plus you'll be missing out on drinking time! :P

:cheers:

Any one setting off early on Friday and heading up the M5 , who wouldnt mind some company ... the motorway route is a drag otherwise, especially if its raining! :cheers: ( will be riding, not driving by the way )

Well I'm def coming on the bike with the misses no matter what.

It will rain, probably for all three days but it's generally localised so bonus if we get some dry spells

Thanks to those who organised the weekend, it's stuff like this that makes for a purposefully trip rather than just riding a loop to keep the wits sharp

Can't flipping wait

Tested the fancy dress out on the kids, shan't be doing that again......

Just re read my previous post

That should be, we showed the kids our fancy dress and the reaction was one of horror and commented, "you aren't going out like that are you"

Job done me thinks

Just re read my previous post

That should be, we showed the kids our fancy dress and the reaction was one of horror and commented, "you aren't going out like that are you"

Job done me thinks

I did :shock: at the previous post :lol:

ahh feeling more comfortable about my own now! :mrgreen: :lol: :P

I am gutted I can't come. Party? Fancy dress party? Was dying to go to a fancy dress for ages! And here all the forum is going too :crybaby:

Maybe we can arrange a local fancy dress with/out the bikes at a later date. Pleeeaasseeee :roll:

Have a great time guys. I hope you take lots of pictures to show on your return. Have fun and put some flashing beacons to nman's tent. :laugh:

Mine arrived today, just to confirm there's no children coming, it's going to be warm and most people will be that drunk that no-one will remember. Hope so anyway.

See you there.

Guy

Mine arrived today, just to confirm there's no children coming, it's going to be warm and most people will be that drunk that no-one will remember. Hope so anyway.

See you there.

Guy

Oh dear oh and guy bring a bigger towel lol

I hope no one takes any offence to any fancy dress. Lol