TMBF Rally 2012 13/14th July chat thread

Stu

its the whole having to buy a tent n stuff. I know u can get them cheap but the more i could put towards petrol the better.

As odd as it may sound... i've put a three man in the back of megawatts car... you're quite welcome to bum a spot in the tent.

Personally i've had odder arrangements with random people i have just met before, so as long as you're comfortable with it, i'm comfortable with it. i was a student myself not so long ago, i rmbr the dilemmas of being skint as F*** and funding shit on the bare minimum.

my condition: no accidental spooning, no matter how much booze you have drunk! OR :hammer:

EDIT: having said all this you may want to consider harrydh3 offer:

i have a spare 4 man i can bring too if anyone needs
Edited by borgy95

I was just trying to organize all my gear,sleeping bag shall be strapped to the pillion seat,no problem there.my tent however will be strapped to the rucksack,its going to stick out by about 8inches on either side. I just wanted to clarify whether it is legal to carry load wider than your motorcycle?

If so then all I gotta remind myself of is the fact that I'm slightly wider when filtering.lol

Cheers

James

I was just trying to organize all my gear,sleeping bag shall be strapped to the pillion seat,no problem there.my tent however will be strapped to the rucksack,its going to stick out by about 8inches on either side. I just wanted to clarify whether it is legal to carry load wider than your motorcycle?

If so then all I gotta remind myself of is the fact that I'm slightly wider when filtering.lol

Cheers

James

I'm probably a 'load' wider than my motorcycle when I have all my wet-weather gear on :lol:

I think he may not have worried about accidental spooning but may have worried about your offer to " bum a spot " :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol:

Cheers

James

can you not put the tent on top of the sleepingbag on the seat as that is safer, plus are you wider than your mirrors? if not filtering will be fine :)

Cheers

James

Bag, Sleeping Bag and Tent all strapped to pillion seat for me.

so much nice blue sky, white fluffy clouds & warm sunshine here in north cambridgshire, its just taking the p..s, tomorrow will be fecking awful, sods law.

whatever though, it's on and cant wait.

i think i've done the impossible, making a hayabusa look even bigger and more ugly by strapping all the camping crap to it!

steady goes it tomorrow me thinks.....

Cheers

James

can you not put the tent on top of the sleepingbag on the seat as that is safer, plus are you wider than your mirrors? if not filtering will be fine :)

I'm not wider than my mirrors but the tent is unfortunately, lol ,it seemed more secure strapped to the back of the rucksack but just sat on the bike I got a sneaky suspicion that it'll effect my balance riding,I best strap it to the pillion,cheers bex :shock:

It's beautiful weather here today as well, sod's law if it rains but no matter what I'm sure we are all going to have a good time! :cheers:

some caravans on the camping field at the Miners Standard when i passed this morning.

Pikeys? :lol:

are they the usual permanent caravans that have been there all along. god hope its not pikeys, thats just asking for trouble although i have learnt over the years pikeys do avoid groups of bikers for some reason lol

Could not really tell if they where the permanant ones or not as i passed.

you lot will find out tomorrow afternoon/evening.