UK Challenge 2014 - Discussion thread

Stu

Nice selection of tags for Scotland. I am looking forward to a trip south down to the Mull of Galloway. I am going to do Wales as my big trip this year during holidays in the first week of April.

Haha, no probs. I think i should be able to do this if we keep it simple. But would need some advice on how to make it waterproof and some guidance on how to hide it. Don't really want to ride with a shovel :-)

A jar and an imagination?? :lol: :mrgreen:

I'll start it once I get 100% rid of the hangover after new years party lol :mrgreen:

I may do Bothwell Castle and Chatelherault Hunting Lodge tomorrow after work, then possibly Fort William and Oban at the weekend if weathers not too bad

Is there an app for iPhone which I can type in several postcodes of these places and it takes me the best and quickest route? :)

Sorry for being a newb :P

:cheers:

Try 'TYRE'

I can't find that in the App Store, shitty iPhone :(

missed my reply then :wink:

its only for windows pc not phones

Yeah....Tyre is only for Garmin or TomTom sat navs.......won't work on my Samsung either...... :wink:

I put CoPilot on my S3 and I can plot a route with a number of Waypoints......so have a look and see if they do CoPilot for your iPhone Ricky...... :wink:

Oops, sorry yeah I did :P

Yeah....Tyre is only for Garmin or TomTom sat navs.......won't work on my Samsung either...... :wink:

I put CoPilot on my S3 and I can plot a route with a number of Waypoints......so have a look and see if they do CoPilot for your iPhone Ricky...... :wink:

I'm installing that now :) I'll give it a go :D thanks tango :D

No.....I just got the UK and Ireland maps as I use it mainly in the car for work....... :wink:

But, if you're thinking of taking the bike abroad it may be a consideration..... :wink:

Sorry, yeah I realised I'm an idiot I'm downloading then maps now :D thanks tango :D:D

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

No.....I just got the UK and Ireland maps as I use it mainly in the car for work....... :wink:

But, if you're thinking of taking the bike abroad it may be a consideration..... :wink:

Sorry, yeah I realised I'm an idiot I'm downloading then maps now :D thanks tango :D:D

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Let us know how you get on with it Ricky...... :)

Is there no way you can put 'Google Maps' into an I-Phone?

And then add a POI file (from Tyre)?

Just asking - Not really into that kind of 'tech' stuff!

NB. I have Tom-Tom on my I-Phone and use Tyre to produce the route as a POI and download that. However, I only use the I-Phone as a backup for my Navigon Sat nag that I have mounted on the Bike (with bluetooth to my helmet speakers).

so the 10 pubs are not on the google map, are they? Is it possible to add them or is there any specific reason for this? i think it would be easier to plan the routes having all in one place...

the pubs are not on the map as you need to find one yourself. there will be lots of pubs throughout the country with the names listed, it is up to you to find one!!

a quick google for "the boot and shoe" shows one at the lake district, one in york, one in lancaster etc, take your pick!!

have a google for pubs around the route you take as you might get lucky and pass one!! :thumb: