UK Challenge 2014 - Discussion thread

Stu

• 3 weeks later...

Can I respectfully request a change to the map?

I know I'm new here, but I'm pretty damn sure Nottingham counts as Midlands and Belvoir Castle aint NE England, it's East Midlands :)

Also - I have more than one bike and i go everywhere on all of them (The Fazer and the Rat mostly) so do I need to use the same bike in every pic?

You can use more than one bike :D

I think the idea is to have groups of ten tags per area - I don't think the naming of the areas was supposed to be that geographically accurate - 'Midlands' could potentially cover an enormous area

Mandy is exactly correct.

I used the 'closest' name for the group and, as I used to cycle from Nottingham to Belvoir during summer holidays, I know exactly where the castle is!

You do not even need to use a motorcycle (although that would defeat the object of the 'challenge'. :?

:cheers:

EDIT: Just realised this is the 'PICTURES ONLY' thread - There is a discussion thread for general comment.

8-)

Ok I have split the discussion from the pics thread then merged

the discussion with the discussion thread! :lol:

Lets try to put the right things in the right places please

people! :lol:

It confuses my Friday beer brain trying to sort it out :lol: :cheers:

Al I deleted one of your posts with the link to here in it :D

• 2 weeks later...

Er-um GOG

and photograph your bike with your Challenge number at the location

Those last 7 tags only had your ugly mug in them.

Now we all know you ride a Blandit but you have to show it off now and then :wink:

OK so, there has been two changes to the 'Tags' so far:

1. The Cavern Club has been changed to the Hard Day's Night Hotel (as you could not actually get to the Cavern Club without leaving your bike some distance away.

2. Cafe 1 is now Frankies Diner - exactly the same Cafe, just a new name (excellent Bacaon Bap!).

Please note: When going to the Robber's Bridge, the road is currently in a very bad state due to recent storms. If you are not cofident, then take a picture of the road sign (1.5 miles away): Picture attached:

83473178_RobbersBridgeSignpost.jpg.91a56a5375aff5a6d3bddec9d51c2a8c.jpg

I've started! :lol: 160 miles to get a tag that's about 20 miles away! :lol:

The road to the crooked house is not very good at the best of times!

It's pretty bad now.

Several roads around there are closed at the moment.

Yes Al! where's the bike?

I spent most of the time as a pillion - we were on my mates Honda Silverwing and, as I don't particularly like Honda's , he took the piccies of me at the tags. :up:

I 'took control' a few times and reckon I was 'up front' for about 1 third of the trip - he definitely likes going a bit quicker that I do!

I still can't convince him to join TMBF though - But he's thinking about popping over to the Rally to meet folk and maybe.......

I've been and got a couple more today :D

only 40 odd miles this time,

Very windy! At the Castle it blew my number away so I had to

chase it over the other side of the dual carriage way to get it

back and zip it into the top of my tankbag.

You can just about see it :lol:

Darkest star you haven't put your points on!

User control panel, profile,

down the bottom, enter score, submit. :D

Also!!! Can people, This means you Al! :lol: ,

please remove last year's badges/scores.

I don't have any 'last years badges' showing and the 'points' are this year's!

:up:

• 3 weeks later...

Now going to do the north east of England, with a couple of other tags for good measure, Wed 2 April to Friday 4th. The family holiday is near Whitby again, so I will head off beforehand with the tour.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks. How do I know how much I score for each point?

as per this thread :mrgreen: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=50582

You will gain 10 points for every Place you photograph and post, Plus a Bonus 50 points for every Group you complete.

I start my next batch on Tuesday. I am doing the North West Lake district tags, then across to Northumberland and start the North tags. Over night camping near Acomb then more North tags finishing off near Wakefield. Then into Lincolnshire to spend two days on all the north east tags, finishing off back in Yorkshire to do the final tags for the North. I will be camping at the Rose & Crown campsite near Spalding. My dream type of site with camping next to a pub!

So that will be two areas completed and six out of the ten for the North West. I plan to do the rest of the North West when I go and do Wales in August.