Sports DV 1080p Helmet Cam

I think I need to buy a spare lead for permanent attachment on the bike so I dont have to keep removing it!

I don't have anything that uses the proprietary type lead!!

Trouble is the back has to be off.

So I'm planning to drill a hole and run the lead into the camera - bypassing the stupid little plug.

yeah I was telling my mate this

and he come out with something

how often do you go out in the rain on the bike? my reply...................... Never!

problem solved :lol:

S'pose you could always wrap it up in a load of insulation tape or heat shrink tubing.

I'm hoping to put the power supply inside the body of the camera so I just need to run a 12v supply to the camera.

I need a better mount. None of the supplied mounts are good enough for a permanent fixture.

yeah I was thinking the same about the mount!

not sure about the clip that goes around the camera it seems pretty solid :?

I'm happy to get a usb charger and just run a wire to it that way I have the option of charging my phone with the right lead :)

The camera clamp is pretty good.

One drawback is that because the camera only fits in it one way, it has to be mounted with the screw hole at the bottom.

bast*rd!

They guy who I bought mine off has reduced them to 36 quid :lol:

Bloody bargain

LOL, i m gonna buy my second one now then.. First one is in bits with lot of wires hanging out!!

A problem I have found is that the camera will record a series of files of 3 mins long and you have to stitch them together and you always get a few frames missing

I have found a firmware that allows recording of around 50 mins non stop :)

although some may prefer the 3 mins recording so make it easier to remove crap :)

So, is this really the updated 2014 model?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1080P-HD-Wate ... 1e8b22d061

http://valuelinkusa.com:8080/swfupload/Pictures/DB0433/bf49d9ac23c342937c3d0a5b3f0c3bf1.jpg

Just ordered one of them. Figured for that price is with investigating :lol:

Will see what it's like when it turns up...

adding more shit to this :lol:

the 3 minute looping firmware is called sku.205511M500_FW.bin

and the 45 minute non looping is called sku.205511

if you search for them you will find them

once you have the one you require you have to put it on the memory card via a external reader then insert the card to the camera turn it on and the two lights will come on and stay on then it will turn off.....thats the firmware updated now remove the card and delete the file that you added and your good to go

the 3 min looping will just record non stop till the card is full then overwrite the oldest file

the 45 min one will record non stop in 45 min segments and stop once the card is full

I believe you can have about 8 hours recording on a 32gb card :)

and apparently, the screw cap from a 2litre coke bottle will fit the screw thread on the back of the camera.

So make a hole in a coke bottle lid and you can wire in the power cable.

and apparently, the screw cap from a 2litre coke bottle will fit the screw thread on the back of the camera.

So make a hole in a coke bottle lid and you can wire in the power cable.

It's have to be coke zero or something or the colours wouldn't match. :-)

Is that 8 hours at 1080p by the way? Also has anyone tested battery life on one of these yet?

I've ordered the newer model. Let's see if I can find and differences!

Think I'll keep the newer one for helmet mounting and the original one (that I've taken to bits) for hardwiring to the bike.

I'm going to bitch slap the person who distributes the cameras, still hasn't come, they said it should be here today and if it isn't to let them know again. :evil: :evil:

who did you order from?

I'm going to bitch slap the person who distributes the cameras, still hasn't come, they said it should be here today and if it isn't to let them know again. :evil: :evil:

who did you order from?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111181617297

This is the one I bought, and it didn't arrive today, starting to get really annoyed :evil:

who did you order from?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111181617297

This is the one I bought, and it didn't arrive today, starting to get really annoyed :evil:

thats who i got my first one from... mine turned up pretty quick :?