Sports DV 1080p Helmet Cam

Got mine working now :) Only thing im not sure how to change is the time? it said to make a text file with the date IE 20140520210400 = 00S 04M 21H 20D 05M 2014Y

Anyone know where i went wrong?

You've got the version F9B.. Updated version..

Which means..?

Ive got one of each, the F9 and the F9B... The F9 works fine, the F9B sucks...

With the F9 its easy, but with the F9B you need to create a new file "times.txt" file with the time in... but that didnt seem to work for me when i tried it - must try again when i get some time.

Well, well, well. Not a bad piece of kit at all - makes my £25 iwantoneofthose mini DV cam look like a bag of crap!

My only gripes are the focus as it seems a bit close - doesn't seem to change depth of field between foci. Secondly, the 3 min vid length - there's quite a few frames missing between files.

Don't suppose anyone knows how to sort these issues and fancies doing an idiot's guide? :-)

I offer beer as a reward!

Well, well, well. Not a bad piece of kit at all - makes my £25 iwantoneofthose mini DV cam look like a bag of crap!

My only gripes are the focus as it seems a bit close - doesn't seem to change depth of field between foci. Secondly, the 3 min vid length - there's quite a few frames missing between files.

Don't suppose anyone knows how to sort these issues and fancies doing an idiot's guide? :-)

How did the noise cancelling work out Mate?

And few pages back I posted how to stop the 3 min record and change it to 50 mins

You owe me beer :lol:

I said idiot's guide Stu!

I currently formatting my SD card again as the 50min bin file doesn't want to take...

Besides, you only get half a pint as you only answered half the question! :-)

Yep. I think the problem was that it did the update and threw a wobbly at the card. I re-re-formatted it and all is well.

What's the focus on yours like? Mine is super sharp about 1' to 18" away but after that it's a bit fuzzy. Not awful but not great either.

Mines pretty good to be honest well at least I think it is :lol:

Have you tried it in both modes to see if there is any difference?

Have I earnt a full beer yet :lol:

Of course I haven't! Man mentality dictated that I bunged the switch to top-trumps and sod the rest. :-)

You may have crept up to 5/8 of a pint...

shit man!!!

thats well over priced!

Ouch!! But you do get a 4 gig card included lol

Whilst on topic what sort of battery life you guys getting out of yours? Mine going to need a permanent supply l thinks for days out and tours, just over the hr and its gone!

shit man!!!

thats well over priced!

Ouch!! But you do get a 4 gig card included lol

Whilst on topic what sort of battery life you guys getting out of yours? Mine going to need a permanent supply l thinks for days out and tours, just over the hr and its gone!

Mine lasts about an hour and a half on 1080p before dying :lol:

This is my next camera...

http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2013/7/8/t ... cro-c.html

I ordered it last night so i just have to wait for it to be shipped from HK..

the reviews and sample footage on YouTube all seem very good. some saying its the "gopro killer"

Its a bit addictive this camera buying!! :oops:

I have just seen a video posted by a dutch guy from his gopro and my dutch mate knows him so I posted my vids to him

his mates are a bit angry as they paid about £700 euro for all their kit :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have just seen a video posted by a dutch guy from his gopro and my dutch mate knows him so I posted my vids to him

his mates are a bit angry as they paid about £700 euro for all their kit :lol: :lol: :lol:

The days of paying big bucks for cameras are well and truly over...

The GoPro looks so dated, and for what we need, we dont need broadcast quality kit.

Also I wouldnt feel comfortable with a gopro attached to my bike, id be paranoid about it getting nicked.

But with these little SportsDV cameras, it not a worry. infact i left mine attached to my bike outside Halfords. If it did get nicked its only 35quid (plus SD) card gone, not 700quid for a GoPro - thats a big difference in risk for not a huge gain...