Sports DV 1080p Helmet Cam

Did you see the review I did of my SJ1000 camera Joe? ....paid £50 plus added sd card and a spare battery for a few quid more.... 8-)

Worth a look mate.... :wink:

yes, i saw that, looks good mate although it seems you have the same "wobble" in the picture that im getting from mine at 30fps.

These digital cameras will be like the disposable film cameras soon. we'll be buying them for a few quid and they'll be taking perfectly reasonable videos - no need for 700quid GoPro kit!

Yeah....I need a more solid mount.....strapped to the front brake reservoir isn't the most stable place.... :wink:

Mine was on my mirror. We need some vibration damping... any idea?

Yeah....I need a more solid mount.....strapped to the front brake reservoir isn't the most stable place.... :wink:

Mine was on my mirror. We need some vibration damping... any idea?

No damping.....just more solid mounting.....I've got some things I want to try..... :wink:

I have been reading this thread with interest and this morning I thought to myself........sod it, after viewing all the clips and reading about everyone's experiences I'll get myself a GoPro...........

Only kidding! I would never pay that much for an action cam.

For the money it looks a cracking little action cam. I'm just trying to work out where I am going to mount it.

One question I do have though......if I mount it to my lid, will the 3M stuff mark and ruin it?

I have been reading this thread with interest and this morning I thought to myself........sod it, after viewing all the clips and reading about everyone's experiences I'll get myself a GoPro...........

Only kidding! I would never pay that much for an action cam.

For the money it looks a cracking little action cam. I'm just trying to work out where I am going to mount it.

One question I do have though......if I mount it to my lid, will the 3M stuff mark and ruin it?

No Mate, but believe me it takes some getting off!! That 3 m stuff works you just have keep constant pressure on to break the bond then it peels off. Hope your back soon better and you can get out one.

Just bought one (the first one Joe bought) and a 64gb class 10 memory card which was just under £7! Gonna try out the electrical tape over the mic "mod" if that doesn't work I'll be wiring one into my helmet directly from the camera with a plug on for easy disconnection.

I took my two apart last night.

IMG_20140527_222323.jpg

My original one has the smaller camera module. The second one is crap and I can't get it to work right so I was going to swap the cameras over to see if the bigger module was any better..

Noticed they have different cameras inside..

IMG_20140527_222615.jpg

I took my two apart last night.

IMG_20140527_222323.jpg

My original one has the smaller camera module. The second one is crap and I can't get it to work right so I was going to swap the cameras over to see if the bigger module was any better..

Noticed they have different cameras inside..

IMG_20140527_222615.jpg

Any ideas on a power supply connection Mate? l'm sure that stock connection won't stay in place whilst on the road

Any ideas on a power supply connection Mate? l'm sure that stock connection won't stay in place whilst on the road

i've got something im working on but I keep having to put the camera back together to use it though! :lol:

basically I'm planning to put a 5v regulator inside the camera so i can just run 12v directly to the camera via a cable drilled into the body - that way there's no messing about with USB adapters etc.

I want the camera to start recording when the power comes on, so im rigging up a small circuit to simulate pressing the record button a few seconds after power up.

I'll uploads the plans once i get it all working :)

Joeman - seeing as you've got them apart, does it look like there's a focus ring or something at the back end of the lens bit?

Cheers dude!

Yes it does. Looks like the lens is threaded but its got some black goo sticking it in place. If you're strugling with focus I reckon turning the lens will allow you to adjust it.

Dead easy to take apart, unscrew the front of the camera (just as you unscrew the back) then there are two little screws recessed. Unscrew them, and then the plastic lens surround pulls out. Then you can push the entire camera guts through the back of the camera.

Both camera and card have been shipped can't wait for them to arrive :D

Can one of you put up a step by step guide explaining what to do to set it up the best way please?

Gonna get some footage with the camera, then with the tape over the mic and compare them. Been looking at mics for inside the helmet but can't find the one I'm after its basically just a mic with a big fluffy thing on the end and a cable like they use on TV but I've had no luck finding one.

Top banana!

I got as far as unscrewing the lens cover the other day before I realised I'd left my toolbox key in the house and I couldn't be arsed to go back in the garage. :-)

I'll have a bash at that one tonight!

Joeman you beauty!

Took it apart and gave the thingy a little tweek which has sharpened up the image nicely.

Hats off to you my friend. :-)

Hi Mate, how far would you say yours was out of focus, is there now a marked improvement?

I've got it mounted on the tail looking forwards as a buttock cam.

Previously it had a nice, sharp focus on my cheeks but anything more than about 18" away was a bit fuzzy.

I nipped the lens bit in a tiny amount and it's now much sharper beyond my bum. :-)

Hey guys I'm having a problem connecting to my laptop at first it worked fine but now it keeps coming up with usb driver damaged or something along them lines it basically doesn't come up so I can access any files. Luckily I have an sd card adaptor so I can get to them that way.

Mounted the camera to my helmet gonna go for a ride after work :)

image.thumb.jpg.c42690163458d39e30c70c4e989c6000.jpg

Mine came today but the SD card is yet to turn up. Popped to Tesco and got a 16G for the time being.

I got it set up for 3 min loop and sorted the date/time. I've spent the last 4 hours trying to get it mounted to the bike securely. Although the brackets etc seem pretty good for the price, none of them seem to suit my bike except one. I've stripped the Velcro straps off that particular one and stuck the 3M square to the side of the bike.

The bracket was a bit loose so it stuck a bit of foam strip that I had left over from the grab rail to take up the gap that was at the top. It now feels pretty secure.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/01/ryhygesy.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/01/ry2ary3e.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/01/ezy6e3eg.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/01/ta9a8y2a.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/01/zaza6uzu.jpg

I wanted to get it on my mirror arm, the arm is too thin. I tried making it wider with amalgamating tape wrapped round the arm, but the bracket still wasn't fully secure and wobbled about with the slightest touch. I'll need to think of another work around for that.

I've not had a chance to get out on the road to test it, but should be able to tomorrow.

I found 1080 gave me the best quality. 720 playback through windows media was shocking!