Sports DV 1080p Helmet Cam

Glad you fellas are here :D Now i just gotta try get my PC to detect the device.

you have to plug it in and turn the camera on before it will be detected..

This looks like a real steal. Quality is sub par at 1080p, but for that price it's more than good enough! Thanks for sharing!

Are all the different mounts included? Can you tell how long it lasts on its own battery?

yes it comes with a couple of mounting options, including a velcro strap that might be useful:

IMG_20140424_225756.jpg

Lol that's your guard dog tooled up then!

My new camera arrived yesterday. Looks slightly different from my first one. No white lines around it and the metal case looks a bit more glossy.

The instructions are as cryptic as ever but they seem to suggest it has two recording modes, either continuous or looped.

The mounting brackets are different too. Undecided if they are better or worse.

I'll give the camera a test tonight and see how it works.

I had a rideout last night and had the camera on

I somehow left it switched on to 720 and not 1080!! so switched back to 1080 for the ride home which gave me an oppertunity to compare the two!!

to be honest the 720 is better! I'm uploading some vids up to youtube but they are taking forever and a day :lol:

My new camera arrived yesterday. Looks slightly different from my first one. No white lines around it and the metal case looks a bit more glossy.

The instructions are as cryptic as ever but they seem to suggest it has two recording modes, either continuous or looped.

I cant understand the instructions :P I tried conencting to the PC last night i can hear the pc making the chime that something has connectred. but no drivers or whatnot to install think it might be because i dont have the SD card yet.

I somehow left it switched on to 720 and not 1080!! so switched back to 1080 for the ride home which gave me an oppertunity to compare the two!!

to be honest the 720 is better! I'm uploading some vids up to youtube but they are taking forever and a day :lol:

Nice one Stu send me the link please. I'm having trouble configuring the time stamp, l'm sure it's me, l managed to set the Updates to Y and enter the data but for some reason it will not lock it in, any ideas or pointers. Taking the modified trailer out later loaded with my gear ready for Assen pic's to follow. :cheers:

I cant understand the instructions :P I tried conencting to the PC last night i can hear the pc making the chime that something has connectred. but no drivers or whatnot to install think it might be because i dont have the SD card yet.

That much l do know mate, you do need a card to fire it up

Nice one Stu send me the link please. I'm having trouble configuring the time stamp, l'm sure it's me, l managed to set the Updates to Y and enter the data but for some reason it will not lock it in, any ideas or pointers. Taking the modified trailer out later loaded with my gear ready for Assen pic's to follow. :cheers:

Attach the camera to the Trailer! that will give some very cool footage :cheers:

to set the time, you need to edit the file, and chance the "Update" at the top of the file.

for the time stamp are I suggest starting a fresh

delete the card contents including the config file and format it

save the file just in case though

then put the card in the camera and turn it on then back off this should create a new file

attach the camera to your pc/laptop turn the camera on and edit the config file with the Y next to update (not sure if it has to be a capital but thats what I used) edit your time then save it to the card again

turn the camera off disconnect it turn it back on and it should update

thats all I did

Interestingly, the new version of the camera doesnt have the config file.

To set the time and date, you need to create a specific file namesd something like "Time.txt"

i got my card from Sainsbos.

When ever i go in to buy food, i always browse the technology section (after reading all the bike mags) and they often have deals on memory cards.

dont forget, for an evidence camera, you dont need a huge card, it only needs to record the previous few minutes on the lead up to the crash.

Right then, finally got a chance to f**k about with this just now. Looks pretty good so far.

Two things though, there is an AE selection but no key as to what the numbers mean (0-6 I think). Secondly, where can I get more sticky mounts? :-)

i think with summer coming up and the amount of idiotic drivers i will grab one of these payday, mad cheap and will help future insurance! thanks for the heads up! <3 will get the £41 one, then i'll have to add costs to ride to you to sort it out! look's like you could start a company fixing our cams :cheers:

dont buy the newer version! its crap

So far ive not managed to set the time (its a different method from the older version) or record anything longer than 39 seconds!

Test ride out with the trailer yesterday you can't go wrong with this camera for the money.

">

The video is still private. You need to share it so we can all see!

Test ride out with the trailer yesterday you can't go wrong with this camera for the money.

">

The video is still private. You need to share it so we can all see!

Hi Mate thanks for the heads up it's the first one l have ever done. Any idea how to change it? Thanks