Sports DV 1080p Helmet Cam

A 20 min test clip. Started it at Willingham Woods and filmed most of the trip home. A little bit out of focus, so have adjusted the settings on the SD card and will see if that works otherwise I'll need to get a screwdriver small enough to get at the tiny screws

I've turned the sound off and put a couple of tracks over the top as like people have said, the wind noise is horrible. I have stuffed a tiny amount of cotton wool inside the mic hole with a pair of tweezers and put a piece of insulation tape over. I also turned the sound setting to min on the card. Will see if this has any effect next chance I get.

If anyone is interested here is the link to watch on Dropbox as I doubt I could get all this on YouTube.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftcbjauw424wg ... 20Home.mp4

Nice one Deso. That looks a good quality video to me. I notice I am not alone in ragging it up Cabourne hill, I get such a buzz from that. :D Stainton le Vale is very picturesque for a video ride through too my mate often takes that route with his camera. :wink:

Nice clip, these little camera's are brilliant for the money. I'm just trying now to connect a permanent power supply to mine the battery is done after a short while. Hoping to get it sorted in time for our run to Assen at the end of the month.

I've ordered some 3.5mm jack plugs and inline sockets (think headphone plugs).

My plan is to fit the male end to the camera and the female end as a power supply wired to the bike.

No need to keep the back off the camera and I can easily disconnect the camera from the bike.

My plan is to fit the male end to the camera and the female end as a power supply wired to the bike.

No need to keep the back off the camera and I can easily disconnect the camera from the bike.

Have you cracked it yet Mate?

Waiting for the postman to deliver them!

Waiting for the postman to deliver them!

Curious to know where you going to connect, are your going to make at the battery? l see it's rated at 3.7 volts and l think the USB connection outputs 5volts

My grand plan is to eventually do away with the internal battery and have switched 12v running right to the camera.

Connection will be via 3.5mm jack plugs so I can quickly disconnect and remove from the bike.

The space were the battery sits will hold a 5v voltage regulator which supplies power to the same parts of the board where the 5v USB supplies power.

A small capacitor will take the place of the battery so that when power is turned off, the capacitor supplies enough power to allow the camera to shutdown gracefully.

Just waiting for the jackplugs to arrive...

Just a word of warning doing that will stop the camera keeping the correct date and time

That's if you are bothered about it

Thats something i was going to try. Wanted to see if disconnecting the battery will cause it to lose its time settings...

If it does, then i might need to find a smaller battery... or move the regulator outside of the camera, but i wanted it to be self contained...

However, i did have a thought of making a remote record button. The jack plugs ive bough are 4-pole so it gives the option of running the record button outside of the camera...

Just ordered one. Would it be possible to solder a 3.5mm female jack onto the wires from the microphone, that way an external mic could be used.

What would you have to do with the ground from the jack? (Assuming it's a three wire type, left channel, right channel and ground)

Just ordered one. Would it be possible to solder a 3.5mm female jack onto the wires from the microphone, that way an external mic could be used.

What would you have to do with the ground from the jack? (Assuming it's a three wire type, left channel, right channel and ground)

Its two wire (mono) microphone. So run both wires and find a suitable ground plane on the PCB for the shielding.