Sports DV 1080p Helmet Cam

Joe,

Looks like a good camera for the price. Where did you find the firmware upgrade to loop the recording?

Paul.

Have a look through the thread I posted all the info with what you need to do

They already come with loop recording

Anyone done a mic mod yet? Would an xbox wired headset work?

I've tried to quieten the wind noise by sealing the mic port with silicon, it made no difference, any other ideas l'm open to without breaking it open. l suspect that the only real fault with this camera is it's ability to cancel out wind noise through the sound card. Still really can't complain for the money.

I've done the same with some run of the mill cellotape again to no avail, so I think it will have to be opened up unless some sort of wind shield could be built around it?

Anyway my camera is being a pain in the arse every time I go over the slightest bump it stops recoding!!!! Haven't used it for a good few weeks now really need to get it charged up again.

It's only got a little compressor mic held in place by a plastic clip.

If you take the front bit off the cam you can move it away from the hole slightly as it's attached to the circuit board by a couple of wires.

If you take the front bit off the cam you can move it away from the hole slightly as it's attached to the circuit board by a couple of wires.

I took the front off and moved it to the chamber where the battery lives, but that killed the sound.

I then put some electrical tape over the mic and put it back in it housing, same affect.

I have yet to test my next trial - electrical tape over the mic hole and tape over the hole of the plastic mic housing. I'll let you know the outcome

I took the front off and moved it to the chamber where the battery lives, but that killed the sound.

I then put some electrical tape over the mic and put it back in it housing, same affect.

I have yet to test my next trial - electrical tape over the mic hole and tape over the hole of the plastic mic housing. I'll let you know the outcome

Well I think that's the best the best result I've had. Not perfect, but good enough for me.

I love being on my in the sunshine! :)

">

One thing I have noticed is that this was taken in 720 and the quality seems to have taken a hit when uploaded to YouTube. 1080 next time!

Well I think that's the best the best result I've had. Not perfect, but good enough for me.

I love being on my in the sunshine! :)

">

One thing I have noticed is that this was taken in 720 and the quality seems to have taken a hit when uploaded to YouTube. 1080 next time!

That sound will be good enough for me also, nice one!

if you want high quality check this out

">

go to settings and choose 2160p (4k)

and sit and wait half hour or so for it to buffer :lol: :lol:

this is taken from a sony Z2 mobile phone although I really dont fancy strapping my phone to my bike :lol: :lol:

ps this is not me!!!

if you want high quality check this out

">

go to settings and choose 2160p (4k)

and sit and wait half hour or so for it to buffer :lol: :lol:

this is taken from a sony Z2 mobile phone although I really dont fancy strapping my phone to my bike :lol: :lol:

ps this is not me!!!

Funny you mention that. I was wondering about using an old phone to record footage. Could write software to overlay GPS data or telemetry from the OBD2 port...

Then I remembered I have zero spare time at the moment so no chance I would get round tobit this century.

I have thought this myself as I have a few spare decent phones!!

I could root them and put minimal software on them and tweaks to the recording software!!

my concern is mounting them :?

Plus the telemetry would be pants unless you hooked up an external GPS/accelerometer...

The accelerometers in modern phones are pretty good. The GPS in phones has quite a slow sample rate. But once you have the phone, no reason you couldn't connect an external high sample rate GPS via Bluetooth...

I also looked at using the raspberry pi mini computer but the camera for that is not great quality. Has the USB ports for GPS and obd2 so would be easier than working with an old phone.

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh my camera is utter w**k, it records the first few 3 minute clips then the rest are just corrupt. Tried reformatting the sd card but that didn't help either, any clue as to why that's happening?

• 2 weeks later...