TMBF 125cc Idiot Challenge discussion

RantMachine

I'm doing up my workshop at full tilt in order to be ready for a hardcore bike build.

There's a bike scrap yard near me I've talked to, I told them my preference of bike and my plan to street fighter or cafe racer whatever I get.

They seemed pretty keen on the idea so I should have my bike soon with any luck! :)

I've also come up with another forum challenge that I think would be better. But it depends how well this one goes before I share!

Yep, I've posted some early info on the challenges over in the info thread (http://themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 11&t=59602)

I'll aim to go into more detail soon, but was away last weekend so had to keep it short and sweet. I'll be aiming to keep the challenges pretty well rounded, so a bike that does well in one may not necessarily do amazingly in all of them - so having something you're comfortable riding will likely end up playing a bigger part than the style itself!

Are you officially "in", then? If so I'll stick your name on the list of entrants.

If I 'disable' 2 cylinders, I can claim 125(0) cc and I know a man from China. Does that count?

:tumble:

Tell you what, half fill the MZ with playdough and you can join in :thumb:

How's everyone getting on with their bike search?

Cheap 125s are a little harder to come by than I originally thought! Those eBay specials always creep above the £300 mark or are a million miles away. Already lost out on a Lexmoto and a couple of others I don't know how to pronounce.

I might have to go for an ancient Japanese bike at this rate.

Not giving Gumtree a shot, Fro? At least you don't have to worry about a bidding war on there. Significantly more worthwhile to do and HPI, though :lol:

I'm still hot on the tail of some sponsorship on the insurance side of things, in hopes that it'll make this a bit more accessible for folks :)

Need to get more people on board! I'm sure it'll be easier to get sponsors interested if we can make the event a bit bigger! I reckon 6 to 10 people for the first time would be perfect, could do it again with more people in the future if it goes well :thumb:

How's everyone getting on with their bike search?

Cheap 125s are a little harder to come by than I originally thought! Those eBay specials always creep above the £300 mark or are a million miles away. Already lost out on a Lexmoto and a couple of others I don't know how to pronounce.

I might have to go for an ancient Japanese bike at this rate.

you should of made me an offer on the 125 you saw in my garden fro not pretty but lots of luggage space under the seat and a rack built in as well

Not giving Gumtree a shot, Fro? At least you don't have to worry about a bidding war on there. Significantly more worthwhile to do and HPI, though :lol:

I'm still hot on the tail of some sponsorship on the insurance side of things, in hopes that it'll make this a bit more accessible for folks :)

Need to get more people on board! I'm sure it'll be easier to get sponsors interested if we can make the event a bit bigger! I reckon 6 to 10 people for the first time would be perfect, could do it again with more people in the future if it goes well :thumb:

Yeah I check Gumtree, Freeads and all the rest fairly often - sooo many moody looking bikes.

We need to break out the bullying tactics to get people involved. :-)

Steve - I'm really after a bike but if it goes tits up I may well come begging in a couple of months!

What if me and a friend built something ? Honda Cbr monkey bike special ... does this count ;)

Or yamaha t80 -needs forks putting back on front axle needed few little bolts here and there, £150 Full logbook did have MOT runs

OR

Sinis max 2 or something like that Runs(needs a carb clean and plug) with MOT needs a head light and few other odds and sods £150 as far as i know the logbook present

just a few i know of sitting in sheds gathering dust.

What if me and a friend built something ? Honda Cbr monkey bike special ... does this count ;)

Or yamaha t80 -needs forks putting back on front axle needed few little bolts here and there, £150 Full logbook did have MOT runs

OR

Sinis max 2 or something like that Runs(needs a carb clean and plug) with MOT needs a head light and few other odds and sods £150 as far as i know the logbook present

read page 1.....chinese bikes only

OR

read page 1.....chinese bikes only

Damn ..... sinnis max .... ill get looking see what pops up... locally :L

Nah, non-Chinese bikes are fair game now; we changed the rules around a bit since the first post and split off the rules to a separate thread. I've edited the first post in this thread, so as to avoid future confusion.

Up-to-date rules are here:

http://themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 11&t=59602

Has anyone got a bike for this yet?

It will be interesting to see what people get

well i was thinking of a different tactic based on things going on recently.

lots of reports of scrotes nicking bikes in the thamesmead/erith area.

so lets hire a van and have 2/3 scouts and go find a few of these scrotes and go steal their bikes. use them in the challenge and then when finished, park them all outside the local police station.

Has anyone got a bike for this yet?

It will be interesting to see what people get

Needs a bit of a kick up the arse, I think! The initial hype died down and I still have very few names for people who are "in". I'll have to stick a link in my signature as a reminder and start sending PMs to hassle people :lol:

Not much joy on insurance sponsorship yet, but still working on it... I need to write up a proper proposal to approach some other providers. Insert excuses about "busy trying to buy a house" here. Oh, and it would be easier to write up a proposal that was appealing to potential sponsors IF I HAD MORE PEOPLE CONFIRMING THAT THEY INTEND TO TAKE PART :lol:

I feel your pain being busy trying to buy a house. Hopefully won't be doing it again for a long time.

Hopefully with the nicer weather coming people will get abit more excited by it