TMBF 125cc Idiot Challenge discussion

RantMachine

Count me in.

The deadline gives me time to find the right bike.

I'm going to cafe racer what ever I get for lolz.

Complete with TMBF sticker so Stu can get some marketing done... People will come here if they see idiots on scrap heaps having the time of their lives right?

And in the meantime... If I win the lottery I'll add this idea to the roster of things I want to do.

Give 10 members £1250 (hehe, it has 125 in it) and then you have to buy and build a custom 125 (not allowed a standard bike) to ride a trans-european adventure ending at the tip of Italy via places like the French alps for snow related challenges.

You'll need 2 weeks off work for it that's for sure.

No problem guys, my pleasure! Ulterior motive: I'm hoping that if we really make a go of it this year, we might even be able to do it again another year when I can afford a bike myself :mrgreen:

Dunno about the van, would have to ask Stu - I'm not allowed to drive things with four wheels so he'd have to be behind the wheel :lol:

Glorian - ask around, I'm sure someone will sponsor you to ride your own personal hell :mrgreen: - just think, if 20 people put in £20 each... it could happen!

ON THE SPONSORSHIP NOTE, I'll be trying to sort out some stickers for the Forum and any companies that sponsor us, so try to leave a little bit of space somewhere on the bike for them, or I'll slap them on your lid :lol: I do also intend to go on a forum-wide scrounge to see if anyone is up for making a small donation to the running costs, campsite fees and fuel, and such like, with any money left at the end being donated to the forum. I just KNOW there are people out there who want to see one or more of us fail...!

Also, if any of you can think of any other forum members who haven't spotted this thread and might be interested, drop them a message! The more the merrier! And the more likely that at least ONE bike will make it to the end of season meet! :lol:

Dunno about the van, would have to ask Stu - I'm not allowed to drive things with four wheels so he'd have to be behind the wheel :lol:

Do you not have a car licence???? Can we have a bonus challenge of giving you driving lessons and whoever screams in terror the least wins :lol:

I had the bike license first. It's pink after you pass your first test... It then grows the entitlements.

Could have saved you searching :lol:

Ollie, you missed a golden opportunity there. You could have photoshopped the license green and Hoggs would have believed you... You need some booze pronto, your cruel humour isn't firing on all cylinders today!

Alcohol is not an option right now, taking antibiotics to get over a sinus infection in time for my Enduro day.

I'm looking forward to seeing things like doodles of what people plan to do with their bike :wink:

I was eyeing up a Lexmoto Arrow in town, seeing as I've seen one of those for under £300... I reckon you could do a fair bit with on of them. And I looked at a really beaten up old CBR125 and though MY GOD you could have fun making a streetfighter out of this (or the Skyjet ripoff of it).

At some point soon we'll be splitting this thread off into two bits, the same as the rally threads; details (boooring bits) and discussion (FUN BITS).

Good stuff.

I don't have enough time to develop big plans, but I can sit down and discuss challenges, and rules. I'm pretty good at leveling playing fields. And in this case it will need a fair amount of leveling!

Also, to any northern participants in the west. My garage will be available for use to do your bike up in. I will even provide tea :thumb:

Unless I win the lottery tonight, in which case there's half a dozen people on here I'm going to ask to join me at a warehouse (long way round/down style) and take this challenge to a whole new level :D

I should be fine working out the plans for it, I'm a decent organiser and I'm already underway with co-ordinating with forum dad and looking into sponsors. Obviously we can work things out between all of us to a fair extent, but I reckon it's better if the overall organising is done by someone that doesn't have a direct stake in it! Besides, I've thrown this idea around enough times in the past that I already have some awesome ideas in my head :lol:

You guys just get working on some awesome bikes! :D

Yes! Been playing with that idea. Not the top gear "let Jeremy win by default" system of one point per pound. Think I've got a nice and even scoring system worked out!

Does this mean you're in, Joe? :wink:

Maybe! It's a tempting idea.. Trouble for me is being self employed, time off work costs me a small fortune in lost wages. If I'm between contracts I'll definitely be in!

If I can get around it, I can bring my drift HD cameras and my DSLR to contribute to footage etc. Used the DSLR on motogp, BSB and f1 so I might get a decent shot now I have settings worked out.