TMBF 125cc Idiot Challenge discussion

RantMachine

Yup, so long as it's a 125 and sub £300 it's fair game.

I'm trawling the sales sites every day for the wonder bike - nothing much doing round me - plenty in Essex but they're probably all nicked and I don't want to go there again after the dogshit incident. :puke:

Well, adding up the biscuits, poangs, bedframe and throwing in a mattress and second hand table and chairs, it is still sub £300 (impressive haul though). It would be cheating though because the bike has been sitting in my garden for 3 years

I think we should pass the verdict to one of our forum biscuit aficionados for the final ruling. :-D

Also, I've got a shed full of [strikeout]old crap[/strikeout] unique antique furniture if there are any other bike swaps on offer.

I have an old Suzuki gs125 that I swapped for a big Mac meal about 20 years ago. Allowing for inflation and the fact it dropped a valve and the engine is destroyed and in a million bits does that qualify for the challenge??

• 2 months later...

I was meant to post an update in here over the weekend but spent the whole time mucking around with my bike and forgot :oops:

I've been crazy busy lately, between trying to buy a house and some big stuff happening at work - so I haven't given this the push that I'd hoped to.

So to echo what tuktuk said:

Is anyone still serious about giving this a go? I know that a lot of the early interest fizzled out when people suddenly realised that it might actually happen and they would have to spend real money instead of imaginary stuff :lol:

If need be I can put it on hold for the time being and try to come up with some slightly more forgiving rules, or we can just give up in nobody is that fussed any more :P

As one option, we could always change the time frame so that people have to build up the bike in the winter and we do the ride in the spring/summer next year? Saves anyone losing valuable riding time in the summer, and gives everyone something to keep themselves out of trouble in the winter...

Jolly good idea Ollie. I've not had much time to get anything sorted either. Plus, having a start of season challenge/meet/catastrophe would be a chuckle.

Sounds better to me.. With saving for a house, trying to find said house and shifting to a new role in my work I'm really not thinking about this too much :P

Hopefully winter would be better suited. :D

Plus you can always snap up bikes at a better price once the weather starts to go south! I just took a peek on Gumtree and the prices have rocketed up since we were all looking at this a few months back.

Gives my finances time to bounce back from the house purchase, too - I might be able to actually join it instead of just coming up with the rules and whatnot :D

Of course, fair is fair - I won't be allowed to win, I'll just be doing it for the lulz :wink:

(Not that my winning is a valid concern anyway, my bike will blatantly be a death trap)

I'd like to be involved in some way allowing for the fact I have a newborn. Cash is clearly a limiting factor for me so I can't necessarily do a bike but if I can partake some way would be a good laugh.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Of course! For one thing we'll almost certainly want to have a few people with big bikes riding along as a backup - stop and help people out when their bike blows up, and suchlike. And people to be impartial judges, potentially. If we do challenges in various locations then we could grab a few local members from each spot to judge them... I'll try to flesh out those sort of things too. If nowt else, I'm sure we'll do a bunch of evening meet ups as we go. Of course, the riders might be too busy patching up their bikes to grab a drink... :lol:

I have 2 drift cams for 1080p and a DSLR. I'm sure I can contribute some footage and photos. I have various mounts for tank, roll bar, handlebar etc.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ok I have a new project...

I've got to the point now where I need more from a bike for my green laning and off roading... So tomorrow I'll be putting £375 down for a derbi senda drd 125.

Not much needs doing to it to make it road worthy and the rest my preference... So that's 2x 125s that I would have done up and actively using.

Do I win???

338807526__86(1).JPG.d0a99ac4b204eae884765668fa6280e8.JPG