Was short but sweet

Just found out yesterday my job is gone, I'll try keep it but looking at selling the car and bike.

Bit shit how they've dealt with it all.. It's a damn University.. They must have known..

Oh well.. Anyone hear of any sport/fitness/gym related jobs in the north east let me know [emoji39]

Unlucky man. I know how you feel - I'm being made redundant due to site closure. I'm out the door on Wednesday but luckily start a new job the following Monday.

Keep looking and punting your CV out or better yet, go and press the flesh. Have you got any contacts who can put in a word with their firm?

I've made a few friends along the way with all my volunteering but at this minute in time there's not a lot going, might have to just swallow my pride and get a job outside of my 'industry' whilst I finish my degree.

Have you considered personal training? I know every tom dick and harry are at it but with your background in competitive weightlifting you have more experiance than most on the subject.

Im at goldstar in heaton and there are 1 or 2 in there who focus on bodybuilding type coaching, never noticed anyone doing weightlifting coaching though. Might be niche enough to make you a few quid.

Sorry to hear that mate. Time to go self employed??
I can't really risk that during my degree, I need some steady income so I know I can at least eat and travel to Uni :P

Have you considered personal training? I know every tom dick and harry are at it but with your background in competitive weightlifting you have more experiance than most on the subject.

Im at goldstar in heaton and there are 1 or 2 in there who focus on bodybuilding type coaching, never noticed anyone doing weightlifting coaching though. Might be niche enough to make you a few quid.

Unfortunately the general population have no clue and they think a personal trainer can do everything, although I'm PT qualified like I mentioned above I can't risk the unsteady income. I do it now and again cash in hand so maybe I'll just do a little more cash in hand :P

Keep your chin up mate. You're studying an industry that is growing rapidly. I have a client who is a life coach as well as a PT and he charges £50 an hour and has to turn people away as he doesn't want to do over 40 hours. The git!

I'm sure one of the chains of gyms will have something soon to see you through uni. DW always seem to be advertising around the NW.

Absolute bummer ... BUT ... you have one thing greatly in your favour: Experience!

You're a student with valuable work experience. Employers will take you over a student with no experience any day of the week.

Here's hoping! [emoji4]

You have work experience, and that means you have a USP (unique selling point) - something that makes you different from all the other candidates. Find your usp and sell it!

No Liam. .

It's a few runs up the ladder from that.

Yea most start on the doors but believe me when you get into the training side of it the brass is there.

After all this.. My neighbours just bloody drove into my car.. You can't make this kinda shit up...

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160510/420ae8db55a66ec4e8dffe416bf0f0c5.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160510/1f88c21afad6d1ca9ac612455685f2a4.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160510/22a269b6848015e533d1854d6b1555ad.jpg

you dont have much luck at all!!

I am guessing he/she let you know?

looks an easy repair t be honest I would look at getting them just to pay for it to be painted rather than insurance