Any Vapists here?

MrBrightside

Just to add in, nicotine does impact on the health of your heart. So it's not totally healthy, and the liquid will turn back to an oil residue on your lungs.

I just need to learn how to stop using my vap every few seconds! Nearly always got it in my hand.

My DSA instructor had his on a lanyard around his neck. Rode with his helmet open and poofed away while riding. [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nope, haven't understood a word of this so far, and nothing to add as I'm a life-long non-smoker. But in the interests of completely esoteric information, I'm currently running a MusicMan Stingray 5 through a Trace Elliot AH1200-12 head into a 1015H cab at 4 ohms with a separate 4052H Brightbox.

:thumb:

Cool, how's that working for ya?

Brilliantly: plenty of punchy Stingray growl, and with 1200 trouser-flapping watts on tap I can instantly punish our guitarist at the first sign of any of his widdly-widdly nonsense. :lol:

RX200 here with a Smok 0.2 ohm Quad coil @ 85w. RX200 takes 3 x 18650's so lasts a few days.

Make my own juice too, which saves a tonne. Normally 80/20 VG at 3mg. Can't be arsed with RBA.

Are you using the TFV4? I bought one when they first came out, far too extreme for me! Need loads of wattage and go through juice like an alcoholic on speed. That's a hefty setup Joe, a mate has the RX, it's a beast.

Yeh TVF4. Unfortunately I'm an addict. Vaping has quite literally substituted my smoking habit.

Gone from making 100ml batches to 1litre :D

What a palava just to have a smoke :wink: Makes me glad that after 35 years of smoking I was able to give up cold turkey 15 months ago without the need to ween myself off anything.

How long does it take to make a days worth of smoking/vaping?

Is it cheaper than smoking?

When I quite, I joined a Quit smoking forum (and made many friends around the world) and set up a quit smoking ticker.

As of this morning, based on me having smoked 20 a day, I have so far not smoked 8947 ciggies since I quit and I have saved around £3,000 minimum in 15 months.

Really puts it in perspective when I think how much I have spent over the years.

That's awesome TC. You clearly have Herculean will, or I have none at all :D.

I make a litre so that will last around a month to 2 months. Normally have a few flavours on the go, currently enjoying a marshmellowy/Strawberry mix. Reminds me of Chewits. Coils last between a week and 2 weeks and I cart around a 4 slot charger with 3 extra batteries :)

Cool, how's that working for ya?

Brilliantly: plenty of punchy Stingray growl, and with 1200 trouser-flapping watts on tap I can instantly punish our guitarist at the first sign of any of his widdly-widdly nonsense. :lol:

Need to get a clip up of your latest gig ;)

I gave up smoking 2 years ago, only smoked 6-8 a day. I vape and feel better for it, used to last 30 mins before I was knackered playing Footy now I last the full game 60 mins and that's not bad for a 42 years young, just purchased curve from my pal for a tenner he bought it from totally wick , great piece of kit [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

I have yet to figure out a 5 string Bass! :lol:

(or a 4 string one either for that matter! :lol: )

Most of my basses are 5-string, which I use 90% of the time, but I do switch back to my 4-string Precision and Sterling basses every now and then with no problems. I had a Warwick 6-string for a while too, but it was completely beyond me so I sold it last year to buy the Stingray.

Anyway, apologies for derailing your thread Mr B - I'll behave myself from now on. :D

I have yet to figure out a 5 string Bass! [emoji38]

(or a 4 string one either for that matter! [emoji38] )

Most of my basses are 5-string, which I use 90% of the time, but I do switch back to my 4-string Precision and Sterling basses every now and then with no problems. I had a Warwick 6-string for a while too, but it was completely beyond me so I sold it last year to buy the Stingray.

Anyway, apologies for derailing your thread Mr B - I'll behave myself from now on. :D

I'm every bassist's worse nightmare. I love slapping the strings.

Sadly they always say I wreck the pickups.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

OK so..

I am the "Had a few drinks and my mate is smoking so might nick a drag of his" or "Omg my uni exams are going to hell, can I nick one of your menthols?" type of smoker...

To the point when the doctors ask me I can honestly say one or two a year, if that..

Since I went to Uni in Birmingham I discovered that Shisha is a really nice experience with a group of mates.. :D

I have very little knowledge of vaping at all, for a newbie then, can you explain what the heck this all means? :P

Cos to be this is a lot of Jargon :lol:

Smoking = setting fire to dried leaves

Vaping = using the magic of electricity to atomise the liquid by heat into an inhalable substance normally containing nicotine

You can buy the liquid in premade jars that you then pour into the vapor or you can make your own mad scientist styleeee. My mate had bubblegum flavour. It was rank.

OK so..

I am the "Had a few drinks and my mate is smoking so might nick a drag of his" or "Omg my uni exams are going to hell, can I nick one of your menthols?" type of smoker...

To the point when the doctors ask me I can honestly say one or two a year, if that..

Since I went to Uni in Birmingham I discovered that Shisha is a really nice experience with a group of mates.. :D

I have very little knowledge of vaping at all, for a newbie then, can you explain what the heck this all means? :P

Cos to be this is a lot of Jargon :lol:

Lol no worries. Juice sits over a coil & wick and is heated up producing a vapour which is inhaled. No 'burning' takes place like ciggies so there are few downsides to it. Juices can come in all sorts of whacky flavours, pretty much anything.

You can buy basic kits like the 'pen' type ones all the way to extreme cloud producing tanks and mods.

I sit somewhere in the middle. I'm a gadget geek anyway so like fiddling with this stuff...

Who for?

I've got regular gigs with some vendors and occasional work with around twenty more. Then there's magazines, the press and online media.

...something I should be doing now instead of procrastinating and reading TMBF :D

Im currently attempting to quit with patches. I am down from around 20 a day and yesterday i had 3 in the evening when i took the patch off.

My problem is i dont want to quit i enjoy smoking but the money ill save is too good to pass up.

Tried to quit few times but heart was never in it as despite financial and health costs I enjoyed smoking.

Now 3 weeks shy of a year since I switched to vaping completely.

At first the bug hit me and i spent just as much if not more on vaping kit experimenting with different liquids / coils / etc... And it became like a drug always trying to get a better hit.

Have now gone total opposite... Have a little 40w eleaf mod (running at just 10.5w), an aspire nautilus tank and stick to TJs ice mint liquid. I found this setup to be a 'simple' smoking replacement, the liquid is nice but don't get sickly and the out the box coils last me up to two months! So I'm now playing £10 for 3x10ml liquids which last me around a week and £2 for a coil every 6-8 weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been vaping a long time now, i used to smoke 40 a day, to be completely honest, its nothing to do with health reasons or anything like that. Im a yorkshireman, im tight. Vaping is far cheaper than tobacco.

As for what set up ive got i couldnt tell you, i just walked in pointed at one and said "ill have that"

:D

Coolfire IV Plus I make my own juice often with very little flavour down to 3 nicotine now. Have tried stopping but misses says I get short tempered and everything is every one else's fault!!

I can't have more than a few goes on the new one whilst driving before the car starts filling up!

I just crack the window and let it all out the window and let it out. Worst smoke accumulation I had was collecting daughter from school it was raining and I only had little gap in Window. After about 30 minutes the smog had built up, I did not notice until I had collected my daughter opened the car door and this smog was just rolling out :shock:

On my own it is very satisfying watching clouds of vae float around the room, reminds me of my granddads pipe.

Have tried stopping but misses says I get short tempered and everything is every one else's fault!!

In my experience, everything is always everyone else's fault - and that makes me short-tempered.