Forum Etiquette vs Banter

Tango

Please can we ask that folks reacquaint themselves with the Forum rules.

Recently there have been instances where posts have been sailing very close to the wind. We cannot and will not tolerate any comments that are Sexist, racist, homophobic or personal! We also want to retain the friendly feel of this forum. There are plenty of forums around that are frequented by trolls, bullsh*tters and keyboard warriors, but TMBF is better than that, but it can only stay that way with your help!

The mods and Admin on here can intervene, and will if required, but it's much better if everyone self moderates. Sometimes it is a fine line between banter and ridicule or insult, so please consider your posts before pressing the Submit button. Think about how your comments could look to others and particularly to Newbies who maybe don't know how forums work.

We will delete posts that breach forum rules and issue warnings if required. We will lock threads that breach forum rules or have too much of a controversial or negative feel to them. We will ban forum members if they do not adhere to the rules ( which are not unreasonable ). But we'd rather not be put into the position where we have to do these things, we'd much rather spend our time blocking the spammers, ok'ing Newbies and making sure that threads are in the correct place.......and maybe joining in with some of the discussions.

This is your forum, so please help us to keep it the best biking forum around, where everyone can feel comfortable in participating.

:cheers:

Serious note.

I find this a really friendly place.

Yes the occasional dig happens but to most of the time we all get along and realise where the line is to be drawn.

Even when I've met people from here in person I have always found them nice and courteous people. (Site owners a bit of a funny one...lol)

Long may it continue.

Can I just point out that the mods and admin are all volunteers.....we don't get paid for what we do.....in fact, with no revenue stream, Stu struggles to keep this place afloat. We do what we do because we're bikers and want a place where like-minded folks can come for advice, banter, etc. We try to be impartial and even-handed, but sometimes we simply don't have the time to critique everything on here, which is why we need your help in moderating the forum.

As Rennie says, if you have a problem use the report button or PM the Admin & mods and we'll do our best to deal with the issue

Please can we ask that folks reacquaint themselves with the Forum rules.

Recently there have been instances where posts have been sailing very close to the wind. We cannot and will not tolerate any comments that are Sexist, racist, homophobic or personal! We also want to retain the friendly feel of this forum. There are plenty of forums around that are frequented by trolls, bullsh*tters and keyboard warriors, but TMBF is better than that, but it can only stay that way with your help!

The mods and Admin on here can intervene, and will if required, but it's much better if everyone self moderates. Sometimes it is a fine line between banter and ridicule or insult, so please consider your posts before pressing the Submit button. Think about how your comments could look to others and particularly to Newbies who maybe don't know how forums work.

We will delete posts that breach forum rules and issue warnings if required. We will lock threads that breach forum rules or have too much of a controversial or negative feel to them. We will ban forum members if they do not adhere to the rules ( which are not unreasonable ). But we'd rather not be put into the position where we have to do these things, we'd much rather spend our time blocking the spammers, ok'ing Newbies and making sure that threads are in the correct place.......and maybe joining in with some of the discussions.

This is your forum, so please help us to keep it the best biking forum around, where everyone can feel comfortable in participating.

:cheers:

Spot on.

Thank you.

Can I just point out that the mods and admin are all volunteers.....we don't get paid for what we do.....in fact, with no revenue stream, Stu struggles to keep this place afloat. We do what we do because we're bikers and want a place where like-minded folks can come for advice, banter, etc. We try to be impartial and even-handed, but sometimes we simply don't have the time to critique everything on here, which is why we need your help in moderating the forum.

As Rennie says, if you have a problem use the report button or PM the Admin & mods and we'll do our best to deal with the issue

I may be guilty of getting too close to the line. In fact I often have the inability to work out where the line is. So sorry in advance!

I know it was Stu's choice to start and run the forum but it only seems fair if we all help to fund it. What's the best way to help?

I know it was Stu's choice to start and run the forum but it only seems fair if we all help to fund it. What's the best way to help?

If you're on a pc there should be a donate button at the top :thumb: you also get an orange name so you can feel smug over the pleb blue names :lol:

:lol: This wasn't an appeal for money! although that'd be great! :lol:

neither was it an attempt to get people to tell us how good we are :lol:

We need to attract new members and get them involved,

that has to be down to the regular posters to be friendly and welcoming!

Lately some people haven't been!

[emoji38] This wasn't an appeal for money! although that'd be great! [emoji38]

neither was it an attempt to get people to tell us how good we are [emoji38]

We need to attract new members and get them involved,

that has to be down to the regular posters to be friendly and welcoming!

Lately some people haven't been!

I can tell you your crap if you want :D

I like the forum because it does actually not have the mods getting involved too much. Sign that things really do just work most of the time here.

As Rennie says this wasn't an appeal for money or praise as we know we are ace :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

And we wasn't specifically pointing any blame either as most of us are guilty of such things me included :oops: we are all human after all you are all great members and occasionally we just have to think what we post.

As for donations if you want to donate then please do if you don't then that's fine too.

There is a link in the top right for paypal and you don't have to have a paypal account to use it if you can't see the link due to tapatalk, mobile or tablet use then feel free to PM for for the paypal email

If you're on a pc there should be a donate button at the top :thumb: you also get an orange name so you can feel smug over the pleb blue names :lol:

Done :thumb:

By the way, If you're using Chrome on mobile you can request the desktop version to see the donate button.

Not a problem mate . Least I can do for all the info I have gained from the forum. It got me onto a 125 feb this year, through my tests and now happily riding round on my 1200 Explorer. And its only been 8 months!

:thumb: