Neat idea

Ive not watched it all but assumed the rear cameras linked to the mirror screens to show whats behind?

I didn't watch it all either but if what you say is correct then I think that is just a daft gimmick. What is wrong with normal mirrors? bah! Some folks just love technology for the sake of it... sorry for being a misery.. I just hate pointless gadgetry... I really wish I'd been born in the 1930s instead of 1970s. [endofmistergrumpymode] :mrgreen:

That looks quality! Wonder why they've aimed purely at Scooters?

Yeah I thought the same!

A lot of people use mobiles for sat nav and this could be put almost anywhere!

Maybe they want to sell the rider 400 to bigger bike riders :?

I like the idea of rear view Camera particularly when with pillion, seeing round the pillion can sometimes find challenging. I dont want to loose the mirrors, just additional information.

I use find my phone as SatNav meaning I can plan routes over coffee stops..

it is a good idea, I want motorised mirrors like most cars that retract. I just stick my nav to the windscreen it never falls off. In addition motorcycle nav's are rubbish on battery life and 4x as much to buy.

In addition motorcycle nav's are rubbish on battery life and 4x as much to buy.

Some are crap on battery but I have never needed to use mine without it plugged in and when its on the bike its on a mount that provides power

I am not arguing about the price! my zumo 590 cost me near enough £500 :shock:

My wife's car (nissan LEAF) has a rear view camera for parking. It isn't bad in daytime/good weather but in the dark or wet it becomes useless very quickly.

It is built into the underneath of the handle for the boot so you might expect it to be sheltered but it picks up muck/water really quickly. I'm in the habit now of wiping it everytime I walk past it.

I'd rather have a mirror than a camera.

my zumo 590 cost me near enough £500 :shock:

That's one hella pile of maps.

Oddly, I used to live for tech but now can't stand it (says the hypocrite typing on his iPad). I've gone back to scribbling rough maps on bits of paper and praying to the Gods of Male Intuition Direction.

Oddly, I used to live for tech but now can't stand it (says the hypocrite typing on his iPad). I've gone back to scribbling rough maps on bits of paper and praying to the Gods of Male Intuition Direction.

And taping the scraps to the tank? Because that's the best way to go. If I'm feeling really fancy I use the laminator at work so that my directions don't turn to mush if it rains.

And taping the scraps to the tank? Because that's the best way to go. If I'm feeling really fancy I use the laminator at work so that my directions don't turn to mush if it rains.

I used to use paper, once into a city centre the detail required was too much, then I couldn't follow it, no problem I thought, stick one edge in my mouth so I could have a quick peek at junctions, when the speed rose so did the map and it flipped up blocking my vision, now I use powered SatNav [emoji5]

Sent by Tigger from my Tablet

I've got an android watch that I was going to remove the strap from and fix to the bike as a small nav screen..

Good idea.

Do it, do it, do it!

Cheers. Yes I intend to when riding season starts again.

It's small enough to hide away on the dash somewhere and can be used for music and displaying the name of people calling me etc so it's got many benefits. Also since it's got inbuilt accelerometers I was thinking of writing an app for measuring and displaying lean angle, acceleration and showing GPS speed... That's along way off though.