Exhaust Wrap , Beware !

fastbob

Should you not dispose of that fibre glass a bit more responsibly other than throwing it in the bin?

I mean, I have no idea really but it doesn’t sound nice stuff to be just sticking in the bin.

Is it worth taking down your local recycling depot to ask?

Nice bike by the way. My Uncle used to have the same one with the screaming eagles on. Picked it up as a CAT C for a song.

The bloke who owned it before hand was showing it to a mate at the side of the road and for some reason ended up flipping it off the kerb at 2mph

EDIT: It was only a couple of months old and the insurance wrote it off. My Uncle spend £800 fixing the damaged bits.

Edited by fullscreenaging

The recycling centre would tell you to put it in the none recyclable skip anyway. It's horrible stuff but pretty inert.

When was at primary school we shared a yard with the secondary modern - I'll never forget the time some of the older thugs realised that if they pulled the fibre glass insulation off the outside heating pipes and shoved it down the little kids shirts it made them itch.

Should you not dispose of that fibre glass a bit more responsibly other than throwing it in the bin?

I mean, I have no idea really but it doesn’t sound nice stuff to be just sticking in the bin.

Is it worth taking down your local recycling depot to ask?

Nice bike by the way. My Uncle used to have the same one with the screaming eagles on. Picked it up as a CAT C C for a song.

The bloke who owned it before hand was showing it to a mate at the side of the road and for some reason ended up flipping it off the kerb at 2mph

You have a good point there , it's in a bag so I think I'll take it to the recycling center instead . Cheers.

The recycling centre would tell you to put it in the none recyclable skip anyway. It's horrible stuff but pretty inert.

When was at primary school we shared a yard with the secondary modern - I'll never forget the time some of the older thugs realised that if they pulled the fibre glass insulation off the outside heating pipes and shoved it down the little kids shirts it made them itch.

Same at my school except they used to punch a hole in the wall first to pull wads of it out . At least I hope it was glass fibre and not asbestos , it was the 70s . 🙄

Right , job done . All the shitty glass fibre bandage is in the bin where it belongs and the original heat shields are back on . Now when I pull up I'll be able to make that irritating tinkling noise as the metal cools down that is so characteristic of Harleys . Lovely 😁.

Looks mint, Bob

I wouldn't bother with the recycling depot for your fibreglass, it's going in the landfill, unless you have large quantities of the stuff it's simply too awkward and expensive to do anything with.

Council recycling = anything that can be sold for recycling is, anything that can be re-purposed ie garden waste for composting, wood off to be chipped or pulped etc, anything else that don't fit a major category is in the landfill.