Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

7 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

😬 Dont say that Ive got new kitchen flooring stacked up waiting to be laid and I dont want to start! 
Id ignore it completely if I could but the oven is starting to drop through the floor!! 😬

Hopefully your mum and son are showing a wee bit of gratitude?!

mum is lol ........... I have flooring (laminate) ready for my bedroom that I keep ignoring cos i need to gloss the skirting first lol I HATE gloss lol

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

@stedebs what is you expertise in the kitchen arena? I maybe in need of brains to pick 😂

no expert lol .......... just a DIYer. I've done around 7 kitchens now, but they are all flat pack and usually straight forward. Mums is proving difficult cos she wants to keep the worksurfaces, just replace the cupboards.............. and new cupboards are not as deep as old ones ...... and slightly higher so legs have to be shorter, a lot shorter !!!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, rennie said:

Good Evening :-D. last shift of the week soon! :thumb:

I've got to leave early and go to the supermarket on the way!

First time I'll have been anywhere apart from work for weeks!

ooh the excitement, prepare for odd outer body/alternate universe feeling 😂

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Bender said:

Pipe sleeve has to be through all building material, if the other side is an outside wall then the inside should be sealed to the sleeve so in the event of a leak in the wall section the gas  exits the sleeve and can be detected outside via the nose, is the sleeve just a larger copper pipe.

Dosen't need to be that far through but I'm sure you get the idea

_20210211_171212.JPG

Thanks, that’s useful information. I think the sleeve is plastic pipe. I’ll recess the plaster around it as it won’t be visible due to the boxing, and seal the pipe inside as you suggest. Smelling the gas outside might be tricky as it’s about 7m off the ground as it exits the building. 😁

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, stedebs said:

no expert lol .......... just a DIYer. I've done around 7 kitchens now, but they are all flat pack and usually straight forward. Mums is proving difficult cos she wants to keep the worksurfaces, just replace the cupboards.............. and new cupboards are not as deep as old ones ...... and slightly higher so legs have to be shorter, a lot shorter !!!!!

When I’m feeling brave I’ll take a photo of the worse parts of the utility flooring I have to replace. The washing machine had been leaking silently out there until so much damage was done once dried the laminate top just peeled away, no-one likes going out there.

You mums kitchen sounds a pig of a job, sure you can’t talk her into new worktop?!

3 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Thanks, that’s useful information. I think the sleeve is plastic pipe. I’ll recess the plaster around it as it won’t be visible due to the boxing, and seal the pipe inside as you suggest. Smelling the gas outside might be tricky as it’s about 7m off the ground as it exits the building. 😁

I didn't hear plastic, the pipe sleve is supposed to be capable of carrying the gas, height is ok lpg is heavier than air and will drop on a calm day

1 minute ago, Bender said:

I didn't hear plastic, the pipe sleve is supposed to be capable of carrying the gas, height is ok lpg is heavier than air and will drop on a calm day

Calm day? This is Cumbria y’know. Calm is a rare event. 😂

Thanks for the advice. I’ll check all is good and compliant. 

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

When I’m feeling brave I’ll take a photo of the worse parts of the utility flooring I have to replace. The washing machine had been leaking silently out there until so much damage was done once dried the laminate top just peeled away, no-one likes going out there.

You mums kitchen sounds a pig of a job, sure you can’t talk her into new worktop?!

nope ........ I tried lol. cabinets down one wall all need 30mm cutting off the back, and all the base cabinets are only 60mm off the floor ......... adjusting the legs is a first  class pain ...... infact  the back legs have been replaced by a length of wood. 

hey ho, itll look good when I've finished ...... and I should never have to do hers again :) 

1 minute ago, stedebs said:

nope ........ I tried lol. cabinets down one wall all need 30mm cutting off the back, and all the base cabinets are only 60mm off the floor ......... adjusting the legs is a first  class pain ...... infact  the back legs have been replaced by a length of wood. 

hey ho, itll look good when I've finished ...... and I should never have to do hers again :) 

Hmm I think you might be inline for daughter of the year cos I’d of declared it can’t be done without  new worktop 🤣

• Haha 1

morning folks ......... day off from mums kitchen today so I thought I might go out, maybe a bit of shopping (get a bottle or 2 in for myself)  or just for a walk for some exercise...But no!!!!!  Son phones, he's put an order in on ebay and delivery is today ....... but his address on ebay is still my house cos the pratt hasn't changed it!!!!!!!

angry fuck me GIF

• Haha 6

I have just unwittingly thoroughly depressed myself. I opened the weather app to see when this promised uptick in temperature is occurring (with a view to saving necessary chores for two wheeled weather) to view the most exciting forecast I’ve ever seen in February. For a brief moment until seeing the temps and realising this can’t be Blighty I was ecstatic. God I hate myself right now! 😢 😆 

1686DC70-74C1-4529-9118-03B4C5B93DE7.jpeg

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I have just unwittingly thoroughly depressed myself. I opened the weather app to see when this promised uptick in temperature is occurring (with a view to saving necessary chores for two wheeled weather) to view the most exciting forecast I’ve ever seen in February. For a brief moment until seeing the temps and realising this can’t be Blighty I was ecstatic. God I hate myself right now! 😢 😆 

1686DC70-74C1-4529-9118-03B4C5B93DE7.jpeg

Spain ?

Me too. 
I’ve decided that this time next year I’ll be in Spain. Hopefully for extended periods in rented accommodation until I find my feet but if the market hasn’t bottomed out at the very least a few weeks on and off though out the winter. 
Still thats not cheering me up right now, although the idea of annoying everyone posting sunshiney ride pics on here is 😂

• Like 3

:oops: Installed new washing machine, leaking continued. 

U bend has imperceptible crack that only leaks when the machines emptying. Just standing water is not enough to cause it to leak so I didn’t detect it when I examined it. 

Very expensive new machine could have been avoided for the sake of replacing a £5 unbend. What a prat. 
My only defence is no-one else found it either :oops:

• Haha 1