Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

2 hours ago, skyrider said:

a few years ago i saw a gsxr 750 oil cooler with full knobblies at weston super mare beach race

Think that was because there was a ‘hole shot’ prize. Ie 1st to get to the end of the mile long straight.

Dunno if they still have it coz the starts are managed with seeded riders at the front in order to thin out the field & avoid the carnage.

1 hour ago, rennie said:

Proper cold tonight! I had to defrost the car to come to work :scratch:

Isn’t it. I’m trying to figure out a method of knowing when the roads are no longer icy. Once the grounds cold the air temps not a great indicator. I’m thinking of going with- If the water in the outside dog bowl is still frozen best stick with 4 wheels 😂

Anyone got anything better?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Isn’t it. I’m trying to figure out a method of knowing when the roads are no longer icy. Once the grounds cold the air temps not a great indicator. I’m thinking of going with- If the water in the outside dog bowl is still frozen best stick with 4 wheels 😂

Anyone got anything better?

A weather station. -8.7 here this morning. 

Having said that the roads are not icy because it's been very dry recently. The bits that catch you out are where water is still running off fields. Where that flows into the road you suddenly find your world gets interesting rather quickly.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Lightweight 😆

Agree.

Those days have long gone.

Well ever since a boxing day night shift about 7 year back.

Went to work in the cold.

Then sat in dismay for 12 hours as the snow tumbled down.....

2 hours padding to get home.

Sod that..lol

4 minutes ago, NeilM said:

Agree.

Those days have long gone.

Well ever since a boxing day night shift about 7 year back.

Went to work in the cold.

Then sat in dismay for 12 hours as the snow tumbled down.....

2 hours padding to get home.

Sod that..lol

The paddling I could handle, doing it in the cold for 2 hours I definitely could not 😱

13 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

The paddling I could handle, doing it in the cold for 2 hours I definitely could not 😱

Then......

To cap it all.

Our drive is on slope up to the garage.

Yes. Lisa and the 2 then 9 or 10 year olds had to push it up🤣🤣🤣

Plus I'd then finished shift for a few days, I'd obviously worked all xmas so the plan was that lisa n kids were going to the coast that morning and I'd get a few hours kip n get over early afternoon on the bike.

Was after tea and in a car when i finally made it.....lol

7 minutes ago, NeilM said:

Then......

To cap it all.

Our drive is on slope up to the garage.

Yes. Lisa and the 2 then 9 or 10 year olds had to push it up🤣🤣🤣

Plus I'd then finished shift for a few days, I'd obviously worked all xmas so the plan was that lisa n kids were going to the coast that morning and I'd get a few hours kip n get over early afternoon on the bike.

Was after tea and in a car when i finally made it.....lol

Thats a hell of a ride!

10 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Morning Stedebs. Wotchya been up to?

My mums kitchen :( I'm coming to hate working on kitchens ............ working on my sons last week and my mums this week ........ mums is going to take another few days yet though cos she's an awkward bugger lol...... still it keeps me out of mischief I suppose. 

What about you

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, stedebs said:

My mums kitchen :( I'm coming to hate working on kitchens ............ working on my sons last week and my mums this week ........ mums is going to take another few days yet though cos she's an awkward bugger lol...... still it keeps me out of mischief I suppose. 

What about you

😬 Dont say that Ive got new kitchen flooring stacked up waiting to be laid and I dont want to start! 
Id ignore it completely if I could but the oven is starting to drop through the floor!! 😬

Hopefully your mum and son are showing a wee bit of gratitude?!

• Like 1