Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

2 hours ago, Grumpy Old Git said:

Gut Moaning Folkets (and those who identify as They)

open air indie GIF by A Summer's Tale Festival

As a meat popsicle I find this language exclusionary and offensive.

I'm just trying to fit in with the kids. Good morning!

• Haha 2

Good evening,

I'm just finishing work, been another long one. Clocked on until 9pm a few times this week, and it has been almost pure maths, and throwing figures into fancy looking forms I've made for grid operators. Turned out the solar team at my company has been paying about £10k a project for external companies to do studies that are mostly desktop based. I'll have made a tool with Excel that spits out an answer with some easy data entry, and notes on where to go/who to ask for the data needed by the end of next week that saves that cost on I reckon about 19 in every 20 jobs. 

Not really a pat on the back moment though, as my company didn't even bother asking if we had the competency to do this in house, so it's more a massive fail than win. As this has been going on years.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Good evening,

I'm just finishing work, been another long one. Clocked on until 9pm a few times this week, and it has been almost pure maths, and throwing figures into fancy looking forms I've made for grid operators. Turned out the solar team at my company has been paying about £10k a project for external companies to do studies that are mostly desktop based. I'll have made a tool with Excel that spits out an answer with some easy data entry, and notes on where to go/who to ask for the data needed by the end of next week that saves that cost on I reckon about 19 in every 20 jobs. 

Not really a pat on the back moment though, as my company didn't even bother asking if we had the competency to do this in house, so it's more a massive fail than win. As this has been going on years.

I would be putting a 1k coin slot on that then.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rennie said:

Good Evening :classic_biggrin:

Going to a rememberence thing at work tomorrow!

medals, beret etc. I've even bought a hackle!

No free booze afterwards though! :scratch:

20231109_171604.jpg

The club is open on Sunday afternoon and we have a special remembrance ale on which we hope will sell only £3 for a pint :-)

Pop quiz

So your getting ready for a wedding and you want to annoy the wife, do you....

A- Get ready before her and ask what's keeping her.

B- Get ready before her and stuff your face.

C- Decide it's lovely and sunny and now would be the perfect time to climb up on the garage roof with silicone and fibre paint and seal the lap joint with what apparently is repair paint so good it won't come off with solvent 🤔

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Bender said:

Pop quiz

So your getting ready for a wedding and you want to annoy the wife, do you....

A- Get ready before here and ask what's keeping her.

B- Get ready before her and stuff your face.

C- Decide it's lovely and sunny and now would be the perfect time to climb up on the garage roof with silicone and fibre paint and seal the lap joint with what apparently is repair paint so good it won't come off with solvent 🤔

The answer of course is C, dunno why you’d even thought of the other 2 😁

• Haha 3