Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Planning to enjoy the day with a large joint of (rare) beef and some red wine. Something I've been deprived of since the middle of July. Weather is filthy so no desire to go anywhere for fun although my beloved is muttering about healthy walk along the Cotswold Way. Not too keen on that idea!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, janinej said:

Good morning everyone hope you have a nice Sunday 🙂

Ta.

Very very wet...

Shoes and clothes shopping, assemble stuff, but a fruit tea with pop bubbles and jellys for lunch and good amount of whiskey after tea 😋 .
booked tickets at o2ritz for week after. 

artificial trees in this household only, new ornaments acquired for it thou.

Good morning

My girlfriend tried to go out yesterday in a Christmas jumper when we went out for food. I told her she had to wait at least one more week, as there's a fairly obvious line between jumping the gun and dressing for Christmas mid-November :lol:

Back to work and unfortunately more stress. Last week was a bad mix of ongoing bitterness of many in the team towards a redundancy process, I had a second stage interview for a job elsewhere, and policy dictated I inform my line manager, which just seemed to set off a really torrid situation. Even though it's nice some managers are trying to block my departure, others had caught wind of it and then tried to put pressure on to leave to increase the pain on the bosses. And I just felt a bit played with, and closely watched. Which tends to be the quickest shortcut to my last nerve. I've managed to get a meeting with the big boss this week, so I'm just going to lay it all out bare and see what he says. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Kill joy 🤭 might aswell get as much use out of the jumper while time is nearing? Lol.

Sounds like aload of line managers / bosses very unprofessional there, word of your shuffling/ looking else where shouldn't have gotten anywhere further around the chain than directly.

None of that is your problem of internal same ranking bickering, hopefully gets sorted quickly and remember just keep looking to the light!!!!

• Like 1

f**k me, I like Christmas but bitches be crazy. Glad I haven't got to deal with that 😂

Half the climax is in the tease and anticipation, surely women know this?

Mines going up I think on the 8th or 9th because I've got family up for a pre Christmas buffet get together thing.

Good morning! God I feel like shit today, ahh well, back to shovelling shit.

14 hours ago, rennie said:

Good Evening :classic_biggrin: We're encouraged to look at internal vacancies!

I'm not sure what would happen if I actually applied for 1 ! :scratch:

I'd apply for one 'up the ladder'.

It shows that you are keen to progress within the firm and not just' biding your time to retirement'.

If you get the job - well done!

If not, you have lost nothing but you have gained in how the 'bosses' think of you.

Go for it!

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, RideWithStyles said:

Kill joy 🤭 might aswell get as much use out of the jumper while time is nearing? Lol.

Sounds like aload of line managers / bosses very unprofessional there, word of your shuffling/ looking else where shouldn't have gotten anywhere further around the chain than directly.

None of that is your problem of internal same ranking bickering, hopefully gets sorted quickly and remember just keep looking to the light!!!!

My family household has a rule, my sister and mum have their birthdays in the next 10 days. Rule is you aren't allowed to discuss Christmas until clear of those days, and my mother is one woman I know not to cross :lol:

I've had a lengthy discussion with the big boss, and it settled the boat somewhat. If he is being honest, the amount of nonsense being peddled by others is quite bad. But there's no guarantee he's playing a straight bat either. It seems I'll progress whether I go or stay, but at the same time there's bad blood there now. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fozzie said:

I've had a lengthy discussion with the big boss, and it settled the boat somewhat. If he is being honest, the amount of nonsense being peddled by others is quite bad. But there's no guarantee he's playing a straight bat either. It seems I'll progress whether I go or stay, but at the same time there's bad blood there now. 

All i say is:

walk-away-from-your-problems-homer-walki

image.jpeg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bender said:

Christmas does not start till December, November is not Christmas in any way shape or form.

I agree. I'm already counting down. only 40 days until the Cadbury cream eggs appear in the shops. (and we all know what that means)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2