Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Good morning. Ish.

Once again we seem to be heading for disappointment in a tradesman. Said he’d be here on Saturday then cancelled last minute because “his apprentice had to go to a wedding and only told him last thing”. He then said he’d be here today “about half past eight” and it’s now…9.30.

I blame Tony Blair… 

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Good morning. Ish.

Once again we seem to be heading for disappointment in a tradesman. Said he’d be here on Saturday then cancelled last minute because “his apprentice had to go to a wedding and only told him last thing”. He then said he’d be here today “about half past eight” and it’s now…9.30.

I blame Tony Blair… 

I blame the milk snatcher..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve_M said:

Good morning. Ish.

I blame Tony Blair… 

I blame us for being too nice because it's difficult to find the right trade, they're not being told to "F**k off" often enough.

I'd be arranging for someone else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s a lovely day here so far. Time to clear the drive of leaves and other debris. This is quite a task given that there’s a lot of trees surrounding it and the drive is long and not well surfaced - part has been compared to a rally stage. It’s quite hard work and I’m both knocking on I years and suffering from last night’s judo training session. I’ve cleared around 30m so far and I should do another 20m this afternoon.

However, I’m constantly bugged by the fact that a few delivery drivers seem incapable of negotiating the drive and keeping their tyres on the tarmac. The verges either side are soft and their tyres just cut a deep groove into them. I’m  repeatedly having to tidy (as far as it ever will be tidy) up the verges, filling in the ruts made by these so-called professional drivers. 

Venting over… back to the grindstone. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RideWithStyles said:

Small brick walls or large stone boulders from the quarry will keep them at bay 

I have stones on the side with the drainage ditch - we allow that to run a bit wild and I run the strimmer over it from time to time. The other side I need to mow - even a small wall / stones (quarry? We have a great pile that we’re keeping to build a retaining wall along one bank of our stream) would add to the hassle when mowing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve_M said:

I have stones on the side with the drainage ditch - we allow that to run a bit wild and I run the strimmer over it from time to time. The other side I need to mow - even a small wall / stones (quarry? We have a great pile that we’re keeping to build a retaining wall along one bank of our stream) would add to the hassle when mowing. 

Land mines.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, S-Westerly said:

Land mines.

A relative of my good lady works for the Halo trust.i’m not sure he’d approve. Also, with my memory, I’d forget where I put them. 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, RideWithStyles said:

Large pond or moat, hire dwarfs in suits of medieval armour and pointy sticks to patrol the perimeter!!

I’ll just fill the cattle grid with water… I’ve put in a request for a quote for the dwarves to Dwarf hire… sourcing the armour might be tricky, though. 

• Haha 2