Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

11 hours ago, Simon Davey said:

You'll soon be removing those.. 

Have a great day. 

I was very glad of them! It was quite chilly as we headed up the M6 with a strong wind. And getting colder by the time I got home.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I was very glad of them! It was quite chilly as we headed up the M6 with a strong wind. And getting colder by the time I got home.

Good stuff, hope you had a good day. 

Morning.

Is it me or after 55 life becomes an eternal chain of pains everywhere in your body?😤😤😤

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, husoi said:

Morning.

Is it me or after 55 life becomes an eternal chain of pains everywhere in your body?😤😤😤

100% normal. They're now your friends. Each day they tell you you're still alive. 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Having successfully got Windows 11 to run on my crappy old laptop which said it wasn't compatible I am now going one step further and exploring Linux. I am fed up with big companies dictating things and wanting to cause hundreds of thousands of perfectly good computers to be scrapped.

I found a HP Pavilion from 2012 in a drawer. A very ancient AMD processor and 4GB of RAM and a clockwork HDD. I've got Zorin to run on it - not very quickly but it runs. It's probably at the bottom end of the necessary specification but if this works I might try it out on my other crappy old laptop which at least has a newer SSD and more memory.

I had to rewrite a bit of the boot sequence to get it to work with the pitiful graphics capability of the HP but everything I needed was listed.

At least my knees are nice and warm in this cold weather - the HP is getting very hot.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Having successfully got Windows 11 to run on my crappy old laptop which said it wasn't compatible I am now going one step further and exploring Linux. I am fed up with big companies dictating things and wanting to cause hundreds of thousands of perfectly good computers to be scrapped.

I found a HP Pavilion from 2012 in a drawer. A very ancient AMD processor and 4GB of RAM and a clockwork HDD. I've got Zorin to run on it - not very quickly but it runs. It's probably at the bottom end of the necessary specification but if this works I might try it out on my other crappy old laptop which at least has a newer SSD and more memory.

I had to rewrite a bit of the boot sequence to get it to work with the pitiful graphics capability of the HP but everything I needed was listed.

At least my knees are nice and warm in this cold weather - the HP is getting very hot.

Ahhhhh, the thought of that penguin brings back memories. 

That's got to be so satisfying. 

Hi Peepae I would get a quote from Dream machine definitley not the cheapest by a long way but excellent quality that way you will have a good idea what you are letting yourself in for.

On another note ask about turn round time as all the good guys will be busy and someone that promises quick times may not be the quality you want.

Good luck.

Cheers

Ian

• Thanks 1