Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

On 04/12/2022 at 11:50, Yorky said:

So what's your cargo/destination ??

4 months seems to be a long time between ports, or is that normal?

Cargo ( WTI crude oil) destination is Indonesia which is a bit like coals to Newcastle.  I'll be doing much more than one port but which I don't yet know. 4 months is my nominal tour of duty, may be more, may be less.

Edited by S-Westerly
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Cargo ( WTI crude oil) destination is Indonesia which is a bit like coals to Newcastle.  I'll be doing much more than one port but which I don't yet know. 4 months is my nominal tour of duty, may be more, may be less.

Right, thanks for that. So the 4 months is you personally, not the ship, now it makes more sense 😀

6 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Do speed vans only work out of the hatch at the back, or do they have a camera through the front windscreen as well?

Asking for a friend. 

I wondered about this too. When I looked into it, many of them had front facing cameras as well.

Edit : https://www.bikerandbike.co.uk/mobile-speed-cameras-guy-inside-van-gives-us-lowdown/

Edited by Fiddlesticks

3 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Do speed vans only work out of the hatch at the back, or do they have a camera through the front windscreen as well?

Asking for a friend. 

Some have both, you know to catch those with no numberplate on the front. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pie man said:

So, the 1290 is no more. Some drugged up weasel decided to reverse into the bike, the Insurance are writing it off. Oh, and my Solicitor is a Tw@t. 🤣

Sorry to hear that nothing worse than your pride and joy being trashed. Aot of these liability solicitors are trainees cutting their teeth and not the best at that. Hope you get it sorted and some form of replacement soon. 

29 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

Sorry to hear that nothing worse than your pride and joy being trashed. Aot of these liability solicitors are trainees cutting their teeth and not the best at that. Hope you get it sorted and some form of replacement soon. 

Thanks. I'm lucky to have the MT07. Might even plan a trip abroad on this for now, not taking nothing away from the MT, it's a very capable bike with very little room, especially with a lump like me on it 🤣. The unfortunate thing was, I was actually sat on the bike at the time😳 

Edited by Pie man
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

29 minutes ago, Pie man said:

Thanks. I'm lucky to have the MT07. Might even plan a trip abroad on this for now, not taking nothing away from the MT, it's a very capable bike with very little room, especially with a lump like me on it 🤣. The unfortunate thing was, I was actually sat on the bike at the time😳 

At least you have wheels currently but frustrating must put it mildly 😒

40 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

At least you have wheels currently but frustrating must put it mildly 😒

Yep, the air was blue for a minute or two, and as my dear old mother would say God's good. At least I woke up for another day. The unfortunate eastern European van driver trying to make a living delivering parcels while under the influence of drugs was not so lucky, arrested at Scene and carted off, the silly part is, the kind lady who let me store my bike in her garage until it was recovered was waiting for a parcel to be delivered, the van was parked on her drive until it was taken for drugs wipe or something. I do wonder if she ever got her parcel 😂  

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Pie man said:

Yep, the air was blue for a minute or two, and as my dear old mother would say God's good. At least I woke up for another day. The unfortunate eastern European van driver trying to make a living delivering parcels while under the influence of drugs was not so lucky, arrested at Scene and carted off, the silly part is, the kind lady who let me store my bike in her garage until it was recovered was waiting for a parcel to be delivered, the van was parked on her drive until it was taken for drugs wipe or something. I do wonder if she ever got her parcel 😂  

Having a nice young man on a motorcycle to look after probably more than made up for a missing parcel. 

• Haha 2