Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Today's highlight was arriving in Nigeria but nothing happening until tomorrow. I also got my Speed Awareness Course booked for June 5th so hopefully I'll be home by then. West Mercia's finest, shame about their crime detection rate.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Good morning 👍

That damned weather! 

Cleaned and polished the bike ready to take to the mechanic this morning, and it's pouring with rain. 

At least I still get a ride 😀

• Like 1

Had the usual song and dance clearing into Nigeria.  $2500 "fines" plus 25 ctns cigarettes, paint, oil and god knows what else besides. Needed the crane to lift it all off. The actual pilotage and loading is fine but we'll be done by Thursday. Happy days.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Had the usual song and dance clearing into Nigeria.  $2500 "fines" plus 25 ctns cigarettes, paint, oil and god knows what else besides. Needed the crane to lift it all off. The actual pilotage and loading is fine but we'll be done by Thursday. Happy days.

Are you the ship's pilot?

That's some tonnage to get in the right place.

1 minute ago, Simon Davey said:

Are you the ship's pilot?

That's some tonnage to get in the right place.

No, I'm the Master. Boss guy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S-Westerly said:

No, I'm the Master. Boss guy.

Oh nice, but sod that being in the middle of the ocean malarky, I'd get freaked.

As for that responsibility....

5 minutes ago, Simon Davey said:

Oh nice, but sod that being in the middle of the ocean malarky, I'd get freaked.

As for that responsibility....

I joined my first ship in 1977 so I'm kind of used to it. I like the pay and the time off that comes with the job although the pension sucks which is why I'm still doing it!

• Like 2

SO sky was blue, sun was doing it's ting, So I very nearly, chucked a leg over the bike today, which would have been the first trip out this year.

Did my checks, borrocks, left hand indicator switch, was switching intermittently, but all bulbs working on emergency warning, so probably got some corrosion or little beasty hibernating. 

So needs a strip down and dowsing with switch cleaner.

Didn't do it, nope, went off sulking.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, S-Westerly said:

I joined my first ship in 1977 so I'm kind of used to it. I like the pay and the time off that comes with the job although the pension sucks which is why I'm still doing it!

Oh wow, how awesome to have stuck it out for so long.

Now you're showing your age though.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Edited by Shepherd
Decided I was being too nosey😶
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shepherd said:

say what the f8ck you think, what's going to happen, nothing. This is a virtual world.. and not that interesting compared to the real world