Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

4 minutes ago, Pie man said:

Good Evening. Clearing has begun

image.thumb.png.1ae5280d18ffa2d68af4a8b98c35102e.png

That's a very confusing picture, looks like a border control with altitude, and I'm guessing it's not on the M74....

What's going on then?

29 minutes ago, Simon Davey said:

That's a very confusing picture, looks like a border control with altitude, and I'm guessing it's not on the M74....

What's going on then?

Its the Toll at the top of the Timmelsjoch, between Austria and Italy, a fantastic road, part of my planned trip (hopefully)

I should add its also the motorcycle museum too

Edited by Pie man
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon,

Was over in Disney Paris last week with my partner, she definitely was in her element there. I had the drive back, which leaving Paris at 4pm to get to the ferry, only to then end up delayed, and then head first into a closed M1 once we were on the other side, meant I wasn't through the door home until 3am the following morning. With the time difference with France, a 12 hour journey door to door, should have been more like 10. 

Work is getting increasingly stressful, just more and more being piled on. I have a job interview this Friday with a competitor who is arguably doing worse, but they are building a new team to pursue different types of projects, so I'm keen to stick my head in and see if I can get involved with building up a part of the business. Prove one way or the other that the strategy in my head, that often differs from upper management is right/wrong. 

• Like 4

I know, tell everyone your partner was in their element, come on, admit you were too 😂

Good luck with the interview, sounds like you have the determination that so many people lack these days. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Simon Davey said:

I know, tell everyone your partner was in their element, come on, admit you were too 😂

Good luck with the interview, sounds like you have the determination that so many people lack these days. 

... I may have enjoyed the Buzz Lightyear shooting game :lol: 

Nah, I do like the rollercoasters. A lot of nostalgia there for me as I grew up with the stuff. Got Bali later this year where I'll be on the bike and doing very adult tours, so it's nice to break it up with something a bit more childish. 

And thanks, career is something I've always had my foot hard to the floor on even if I'm still nowhere near the top of a company. Probably because I pop on here and post too much :lol: 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Good morning from the Western Approaches. Pass Land's End tonight on the way up Channel to Rotterdam. If all goes well should be home on Monday. 

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Good morning from the Western Approaches. Pass Land's End tonight on the way up Channel to Rotterdam. If all goes well should be home on Monday. 

Just in time for summer riding... 

• Like 3

Just now, rennie said:

Good afternoon :classic_biggrin:

No work till Tuesday now :cheers:

Lucky sod, just think of all that beer consumption....

• Like 1

Good evening,

Been giving interviews for a job at my place today. I was told the market was red hot at the moment, but we can’t seem to get someone with the right experience through the door. It doesn’t seem that big an ask, just someone with design experience who is used to going on site. Thought it was fairly common!

Any electrical engineers here looking for a job? :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Good evening,

Been giving interviews for a job at my place today. I was told the market was red hot at the moment, but we can’t seem to get someone with the right experience through the door. It doesn’t seem that big an ask, just someone with design experience who is used to going on site. Thought it was fairly common!

Any electrical engineers here looking for a job? :lol: 

What about a tractor driver? I could do with a change 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 year experience construction site manager commercial and residential (national award winner) currently skiving with broken foot and many home projects.

Painfully aware partner would be happy to see me back at work lol.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 2

Good morning.

Friday bike day 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

Going to work on the shadow 🥰🥰🥰

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Simon Davey said:

What about a tractor driver? I could do with a change 

With what I’ve seen this week, you’re overqualified for this role :lol: 

• Haha 3