Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

14 hours ago, Tiggie said:

I've been having a bad condensation problem in my car for last couple of weeks. Noticed today that the driver and passenger side mats and floor were soaked. I'm putting it down to the Windshield cover I got a few weeks ago to combat the ice in a morning. It has two little flaps at each side that you put in the car and close the door on to keep it in place. Think it might of given enough of a gap in the door seal to let water ingress occur 

Will vacuum it all dry and stop using the cover. If it still carries on looks like I've got some detective work to do :roll:

windshield cover ..you tart , scrape your screen or you scared of snapping one of your nails.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Six30 said:

windshield cover ..you tart , scrape your screen or you scared of snapping one of your nails.

Screen cover 🙄. Scraping 🙄. Just turn the heated screen on. 🤣

Edited by JRH
  • Like 3

As an update I've just had a crap morning vacuuming water out of the car. All car mats and floor were frozen solid!! :shock:

I had to get the heat gun out and defrost it all first 🥴

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Lamb shanks so I’m thinking all will be well.. ish. 

Not sure how old your son is, but mine as a teen used to provide biblical food...

Burnt offerings. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

He’s 18. It was very good. Lamb shanks in a red wine sauce (cooked as M&S intended), mashed swede, rosti potatoes and a creamed spinach thing which tasted like he put liquid smoke in it (yuk) but he’s say not, rosemary jelly or mint sauce.

All hot, nothing cremated, he even lit the food warmers so it all stayed warm for second helpings. 

Ive made pud and watched tv, been a hard day 😂

• Like 3

I forgot to share this earlier last week but as its children and food related I will do now.

My youngest daughter is 12, nearly 13.  I was going back to work after my break at 3pm and said to her "Your Mum is back at around 7, if you want you can have my Pizza thats in the freezer for tea"

Her response was " I am making shepherds pie and yorkshire puddings for tea,should be enough left for Mum too"  :lol:

I'll keep my bloody pizza for myself then!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, dynax said:

I know how you feel i'm in a similar position, just use this time wisely for your preparations, you can still go out as has been said for work, and taking photos for your website is work. If you can get yourself an ID card as a freelance photographer who are classed as essential workers might help with any uncertainty :thumb:

Good luck with the venture :thumb:

This is true but be wary of over zealous law enforcement. It would be hard to prove on the spot what you are doing is business related depending on the location and subject, weddings are pretty much self explanetary, but how would you explain for example taking photos of people in a park, just something to watch out for.

Thanks, and good luck to you too. 

It’s essentially going to be a headshot business (with some portrait photography for good measure). I have a new page already written for my existing website but it’s presently hidden, and will stay that way until I’ve uploaded the stock images that I need (and that’s the crux of the issue). 

What are you going to be up to?

Edited by learningtofly
  • Like 1

Morning. 

Bit nippy here.

Off shift for a couple of days.

But being a good husband I've de iced Lisa's car for her.

And got the washing in machine.

Highlight of the day will be ironing said washing ....

8 hours ago, learningtofly said:

Thanks, and good luck to you too. 

It’s essentially going to be a headshot business (with some portrait photography for good measure). I have a new page already written for my existing website but it’s presently hidden, and will stay that way until I’ve uploaded the stock images that I need (and that’s the crux of the issue). 

What are you going to be up to?

Thanks LTF good luck with yours, have you any experience with headshot photography, it's not as easy as it sounds is it. Make sure you have plenty of lighting, what colour backgrounds have you got as I have found light to medium greys and blues tend to get better results, and are a bit more forgiving with shadows as they seem to blend in better. Have you anyone to do makeup for you, if not try and find someone as they are always handy to have around, or if you feel confident enough you could DIY, but get some basic tuition as even that is a minefield nowadays.

I myself will be concentrating on the modelling side, as I have the time now to devote to it, although I will still do weddings and potraits whenever I get asked. There's not much difference between what we are both doing, if you get stuck on anything or you want someone to critique, let us know i would be happy to help where i can. All the best  :thumb:

• Thanks 1