Posting pictures

fastbob

11 minutes ago, fastbob said:

What's this pinging sound trying to tell me ? Sorry , I'm off work with stress and this new version is unfathomable . 

Sorry to hear that @fastbob hope having a break will be the balm you need. I’ll dip out now owing to not being able to offer any actual help!

Just now, fastbob said:

Are there any instructions about how to operate this new system ? 

It's your phone that's doing it......not the site.

Start by going into Settings on your browser and clearing History/Cache/Cookies etc.

Just now, XTreme said:

It's your phone that's doing it......not the site.

Start by going into Settings on your browser and clearing History/Cache/Cookies etc.

I don't know what these things mean . My phone has never made this sound before . 

7 minutes ago, Stu said:

@fastbob try now 

Yes , add files is now visible . Thanks Stu . Now I've got to sort out this pinging sound . I've turned it off in site settings but it was still happening when I'm not viewing the site . Is there a way that text can automatically move up when I'm  typing ? Sorry but this is really going to take me a long time to master . I guess I'm just too old to learn quickly anymore . That's why I'm off work at the moment . I just can't cope with the software anymore . I know my Asperger's makes me resistant to change but I did find the old system so quick and easy to use . This feels like I'm seeing everything all at once . See what I mean about the keyboard? 

Screenshot_20201119-094509.png

4 minutes ago, fastbob said:

Yes , add files is now visible . Thanks Stu . Now I've got to sort out this pinging sound . I've turned it off in site settings but it was still happening when I'm not viewing the site . Is there a way that text can automatically move up when I'm  typing ? Sorry but this is really going to take me a long time to master . I guess I'm just too old to learn quickly anymore . That's why I'm off work at the moment . I just can't cope with the software anymore . I know my Asperger's makes me resistant to change but I did find the old system so quick and easy to use . This feels like I'm seeing everything all at once . See what I mean about the keyboard? 

Screenshot_20201119-094509.png

you sure you've not forgot you've got something in the microwave ?

• Haha 1

@fastbob Yeah I see what you mean about the keyboard I will check it on mine when I can!

As for the notification sounds press the three lines in the top right then click account then account settings scroll down and click notification settings then right at the bottom there is a check box that says "play a sound when notifications are received" uncheck that 

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

you sure you've not forgot you've got something in the microwave ?

I would like that comment if only I could see a like button . There's something not right here . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stu said:

@fastbob Yeah I see what you mean about the keyboard I will check it on mine when I can!

As for the notification sounds press the three lines in the top right then click account then account settings scroll down and click notification settings then right at the bottom there is a check box that says "play a sound when notifications are received" uncheck that 

I did that and it carried on . Maybe there's a delay . 

Hang in there bob it is a bit of a steep learning curve I'm not keen on change either.

My keyboard on the phone takes up half the page too, but you can just scroll the text up when you get close to keyboard.

You can add a like or one of the others at the bottom right of a post, press on the heart icon.

Not sure on your notification sounds I have mine turned off in the phone settings so I get no sound other than calls.

The reply box is just a plain text box below the thread, then below it you hit submit reply 👍 

Have a play around for 10mins a couple of times an hour and take a break, it does feel very confusing to start with but begins to make sense pretty quickly.

• Like 2

Guest Swagman
10 minutes ago, fastbob said:

Excellent advice . 

I’m struggling too Bob that’s just because I’m a bit of a thick git, I’ll just keep plodding on and in a few years I’ll maybe get the hang of it.👍👍

3 minutes ago, Swagman said:

I’m struggling too Bob that’s just because I’m a bit of a thick git, I’ll just keep plodding on and in a few years I’ll maybe get the hang of it.👍👍

Give it a couple of days 👍 

You can't break anything, well I don't think you can.

Spare a thought for me @rennieand @Tiggie, we can break lots of things.

• Confused 1

Guest Swagman
Just now, fastbob said:

Ah , not just me then . I thought I'd got the wrong version as in  a PC version and not a phone version .

No I use iPad and not computer so just the same here.👍

1 minute ago, fastbob said:

Ah , not just me then . I thought I'd got the wrong version as in  a PC version and not a phone version .

Depending on browser bob you can toggle between mobile and desktop view.

I'm using opera on Android and it's all working fine.