125cc Wanted

• 4 weeks later...

Still looking.

Just going to update this with I can understand the frustration of anyone starting riding first school.

Ok he didn’t pass first day to snatchy with the clutch and forgetting to turn off indicators - fair enough.
They said boom a retest we do it cheaper, he tried a couple of times to book and he is still waiting. For an appropriate slot 2 weeks later.

I suggested he just bites the bullet and tries different school, so it was booked for today turned up with all his gear and…. Oh sorry we are double booked.

I phoned round and found second school with availability tomorrow, Spoke with grumpy borderline 1/2 rude man. Apparently it’s the same group, they Can actually  do tomorrow at different site they failed to mention. Having made arrangements He was grumpy / borderline rude when it was booked.

So now looking for a bike, still looking. Deal advertised one yesterday I phone at 0830 this morning sales department not open left a number. Just gearing up for hours ride to see it, having expected a call back. So phoned them back no sorry sold. If you take a number you phone them back? Or don’t take number and tell them to call back.

Dont start me on the nightmare of FB, EBay and Gumtree I am still looking..

3 weeks and have not managed to view 1.

If some one knows of 1/2 decent 125cc bike about 1k, please let me know..
Its looking like a 2 hour bus ride for the poor lad for his start at college…

Have a look at a FB group called " Great fun on small bikes" there are loads of bikes of all sizes up to 250cc that come up for sale nearly everyday most are 50 to 100cc but there are the occassional 125's that come up :thumb:

You will have to join but it might also be worth asking if anyone local to you is selling,  https://www.facebook.com/groups/369770523573822

I've got no issues with using FB to find bikes for sale . In fact I've just joined the CG125 buy and sell page to see what's going . I hardly need mention that you don't part with money up front . If you see something you like , get the seller to post a video of it running with close ups . What's not to like ? As for eBay , that's where I got my Harley but I didn't bid for it . We did a private deal and circumvented the process but you have to tread carefully because eBay has algorithms that detect such goings on . As for Gumtree , although I did eventually sell my GSXR , I was pissed around by all kinds of lonely w**kers who had no intention of buying . 

• Like 1

Thanks for tips he would love the MT125 but defo out of budget. The problem I have is we live 30 miles apart I work shifts so getting together to view and buy is difficult. 
Hopefully he will pas his CBT tomorrow and I can view sort sale and then we only need to get together for him to ride it away. Or I get lift to ride it home.

3 hours ago, Ellyt247 said:

Hi onesea. Are you still looking for a 125? Im going to be selling my Honda cbr125 2007 soon, if you're interested? And where abouts south of England are you?

Yes looking quite urgently nephew passed CBT today.

Based on New forest.