Just joined today need some advice.

stearman65

Thank you. I have a pressing question. Last week I bought a used DVLA registered Doohan I Tango E scooter privately. When it  was delivered I checked the registration documents & found it had been wrongly registered as a mobility scooter. As it has a 1200 watt motor & 2 seats it doesn't qualify as a class 3 mobility scooter. The seller is trying to persuade me to scrap the registration & use it un-registered, which I don't think is correct. Has anyone had any thing similar happen.

Stearman65

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

You know what you are being told is incorrect. The seller is obviously just glad to be rid of it and therefore trying to convince you to keep it.

I've no idea about the registration requirements for this type of vehicle but I would be returning it under Trade Descriptions (or something similar)

• Like 1

They are for sale on Amazon and seem to be road legal. I guess you have the choice or returning it, getting the seller to re register it correctly or find out how much it is to re register and tell the seller they need to pay it. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FSNYB2G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_R97YZ3TRX2KM0PNFVDN5

That is utterly hideous, it makes Chinese replica Vespa’s look appealing - get rid ASAP & have a word with yourself, have you no self respect??

• Haha 4

On 23/08/2021 at 13:29, Bender said:

Just though that was the target market. 

You must have seen the TV series . It's been grinding on getting less and less funny for seemingly an eternity . 

Screenshot_20210827-185234.png

• Like 1

On 22/08/2021 at 22:17, stearman65 said:

Thank you. I have a pressing question. Last week I bought a used DVLA registered Doohan I Tango E scooter privately. When it  was delivered I checked the registration documents & found it had been wrongly registered as a mobility scooter. As it has a 1200 watt motor & 2 seats it doesn't qualify as a class 3 mobility scooter. The seller is trying to persuade me to scrap the registration & use it un-registered, which I don't think is correct. Has anyone had any thing similar happen.

Stearman65

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

I bought a red and white Harley Davidson and when I looked at the V5 it was registered as a Massey Ferguson tractor . When I complained to the seller he told me to just use it for ploughing fields . Oh well , 🎶 Oi dangle me Durzells and mangle me Wurzels... 🎶

• Haha 4