Toothpaste

Breezin

Yes, and it didn't work very well. I've used it on other plastics to good effect but visors are made out of something harder and once they're scratched toothpaste doesn't work so well on them.

Mind you it was a deep scratch caused by someone moving my helmet when I was in a meeting so to be fair that was perhaps asking too much of the toothpaste.

• Like 1

Used to use very fine wet or dry 1200 then brasso then acrylic polish, used to be regular occurrence twats drawing stick men and knobs on tourer windows, if they are really deep can start with coarser paper, you will get a slight hollow and visual distortion but this with proper deep scratches. 

• Haha 1

Car headlight lenses and compass bowls react well to Mum’s Aluminium Polish and micro fibre cloth. I have never tried it on a visor..

https://www.google.com/search?q=mums+aluminum+polish&rlz=1C9BKJA_enGB790GB791&oq=mums+aluminum+polish&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i22i30j0i390l2.8298j0j7&hl=en-GB&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Edited by onesea

Thanks all. Looks like Colgate is not an option then.

It's a fairly big scratch, incurred when I actually nutted a railing. I think I can live with it though, rather than risk ruining the rest of the visor.

I improved mine with a mild polish. but didnt want to push it too far. there may be a product for it, but also once youve taken outer layer off it may not repel water so re do that

• Like 1

When I used to own an aircraft with a perspex screen....I and many other used a product called Plexus.....for minor imperfections....worked well.

Some used to say pledge furniture polish does the same job.....the is it fills the the very light scratching.

• Like 1