Is there a SCAM going around? Guy wants to leave deposit £250 and get courier to pick my bike up...

thevoyager

I did this. Guy paid a deposit. Sent a van. Transferred the money while the van driver waited. 

It was all fine. A couple of years on and I still have the money.

On the other hand, I wouldn't accept PayPal (too easy to make a claim back) and of course I wouldn't get into any deal where I pay a courier or anyone else.

Edited by bonio
  • Like 1

Yep bank transfer wait to clear or as bender says pop it straight into another account before it can be revoked then release the bike. 

Never pay THEIR courier/transport for anything!- thats their problem not yours.

• Like 2

Full price transfer to your secondary account before collection… immediately transfer the money away from the account …. 
It’s like this … the money arrives in your account … you hand over the goods … within 2 hours the transaction is recalled …. You’ve got no money and no bike ….

UK banks facilitate scams on a daily basis … I’ve not been a victim but my company has … 

Doubt it … during banking hours transfer a sum of monies to your wife … within 2 hours call your bank and recall the payment ….. it’s that easy …..

On 13/03/2024 at 18:21, Bianco2564 said:

I now have this scenario selling the Kawasaki.

Ebay buyer wants to pay by PayPal or bank transfer and send someone to collect it.

The way the buyer has written out the message sounds legit, not just “ I buy bike, send van”

Wouldnt do PayPal but a bank transfer should be ok?

Just a bit wary as work got hacked, they say our personal details are ok, but who knows.

Not in a million years !!😁