Schuberth E1

Anyone on the forum have any experience with the Schuberth E1 helmet?  I've been offered a nearly new helmet at a pretty good price, just wondering what they're like in use, fit, comfort, noise suppression?  Never used them before, I've pretty much always been a Shoei man.  Cheers.

18 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

I've no idea about the E1 but I've a C3 Pro and it's a damned good helmet. Well made and fairly quiet. Plan to replace with a C5 in due course.

Thanks, I think the E1 is based on the C5 from what I've read?  C5 seems to get pretty good reviews.

I also have a C3Pro. It's an impressive helmet. I'd certainly look at another Schuberth. The only thing is they tend to fit some shaped heads and not others, so you either love them or hate them. 

The ventilation is excellent but in winter it's a cold helmet as even with everything shut air still flows. I wear a Caberg Duke2 in the winter. With a buff and keffiyeh it's as quiet as the C3Pro. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I also have a C3Pro. It's an impressive helmet. I'd certainly look at another Schuberth. The only thing is they tend to fit some shaped heads and not others, so you either love them or hate them. 

The ventilation is excellent but in winter it's a cold helmet as even with everything shut air still flows. I wear a Caberg Duke2 in the winter. With a buff and keffiyeh it's as quiet as the C3Pro. 

I can't say I find it particularly cold. You do know about the little trick with the two small flaps in the top lining that in summer are open and winter closed? Do make a small difference.

15 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

I can't say I find it particularly cold. You do know about the little trick with the two small flaps in the top lining that in summer are open and winter closed? Do make a small difference.

Yes, I've tried that but the main airflow is from the large front vent which even when closed allows cool air to flow up. 

It's not a problem, I just wear the Duke in cold weather.