Scotland 2023

fastbob

56 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Took the turn for Bishopton instead of Erskine Bridge? Easily done.

Apparently.😂 

I've done it a dozen times but the sign was positioned too early and it was obscured by trees . Probably .

4 minutes ago, fastbob said:

I've done it a dozen times but the sign was positioned too early and it was obscured by trees . Probably .

Two of my grandkids live in Old Kilpatrick, in sight of the Erskine Bridge- I’ve been there for the last week - so I know the junction well. It took a few trips to remember to take the second turning. Not helped by having another one of the offspring living in Bishopton. 🤷

On 12/06/2023 at 18:29, S-Westerly said:

Hope the midges aren't too bad!

Midges aren't too bad here near Eilean Donan, it's the damm horse flies that are biting.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, JRH said:

Midges aren't too bad here near Eilean Donan, it's the damm horse flies that are biting.

Clegs . 

Get a midge hat.

According to Scottish Midge Forecast this week will have the perfect weather conditions for the nasty pests.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, husoi said:

Get a midge hat.

According to Scottish Midge Forecast this week will have the perfect weather conditions for the nasty pests.

None here at the moment as its raining. Forecast is a dry after noon. So they will reappear then .

Bumper midge hatch alert after warm spell - BBC News

Scotland's midge population could soon be unusually high due to recent weather patterns, according to experts.

The Scottish Midge Forecast said the insects hatched within a shorter timeframe this year because of a cold spring followed by a warm spell.

Dr Alison Blackwell said this resulted in a large first hatching with smaller geographical variations.

She said if it remained damp or humid she would expect a "mega second generation" to start hatching.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, husoi said:

Bumper midge hatch alert after warm spell - BBC News

Scotland's midge population could soon be unusually high due to recent weather patterns, according to experts.

The Scottish Midge Forecast said the insects hatched within a shorter timeframe this year because of a cold spring followed by a warm spell.

Dr Alison Blackwell said this resulted in a large first hatching with smaller geographical variations.

She said if it remained damp or humid she would expect a "mega second generation" to start hatching.

Thanks for that, I think.