Tyre Inflator - Can you recommend one?

MotorBike001

Hi All,

After being a bit lazy checking my tyre pressures (on the bike and car), and getting a flat after a slow puncture I think it's time I bought a tyre inflator that can plug into the mains.

I know there are plenty online and in Halfords.  Can anyone recommend one that they use?

Thanks!

I've been using a USB rechargeable one for the last couple of years bought off Amazon for about 25 quid. It's about the size of a can of beer and has proven very useful. Not sure how it would cope with whole tyre from completely flat, but for a pre-ride tyre pressure check (my front has a slow that looses about 2psi per week), it's more than good enough. Two complaints, 1/ it's quite noisy and 2/ the flexy hose screws onto the valve stem and can lose a little air when you unscrew it it. The ones that have clip on end are better.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Capt Sisko said:

I've been using a USB rechargeable one for the last couple of years bought off Amazon for about 25 quid. It's about the size of a can of beer and has proven very useful. Not sure how it would cope with whole tyre from completely flat, but for a pre-ride tyre pressure check (my front has a slow that looses about 2psi per week), it's more than good enough. Two complaints, 1/ it's quite noisy and 2/ the flexy hose screws onto the valve stem and can lose a little air when you unscrew it it. The ones that have clip on end are better.

I've got the Eco | 2023 Smart Portable Tyre Inflator from Amazon and agree about the screw fitting. There's maybe an adapter you can get, haven't looked into it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Fiddlesticks said:

I've got the Eco | 2023 Smart Portable Tyre Inflator from Amazon and agree about the screw fitting. There's maybe an adapter you can get, haven't looked into it.

Cheers - I never thought about a USB rechargeable option.  :)

• Like 1

On 01/08/2023 at 20:50, Capt Sisko said:

I've been using a USB rechargeable one for the last couple of years.............

Just found the one I bought and it's still available from Amazon, (tho' the price has gone up a bit).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ring-Automotive-RTC2000-Cordless-Rechargeable/dp/B08ZSR8N5P

Still, I'd recommend it or something similar.

7 hours ago, Capt Sisko said:

Just found the one I bought and it's still available from Amazon, (tho' the price has gone up a bit).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ring-Automotive-RTC2000-Cordless-Rechargeable/dp/B08ZSR8N5P

Still, I'd recommend it or something similar.

I would weary of the micro USB connector that one have.

50 minutes ago, Capt Sisko said:

Why?

Because

1 they're shaite

2 because everybody is moving to type C connections

3 because they are really shaite :) 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Capt Sisko said:

They still work though!

True, they do work

You can only charge at high power with a type C connector.

I got a Ring RTC 2000 battery powered inflator. Going by other pressure gauges/inflators I have, it under reads slightly. I guess, from my use, when fully charged, it will inflate 2 tyres pretty much from flat before the battery goes. It has a handy light, enough to move about in a tent with and it can act as a power bank for your phone.

On 02/08/2023 at 19:50, MotorBike001 said:

I've ordered this one - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0BRGSNDVY

I wouldn't use AliExpress - it gets shipped directly from China.  I'm not sure were that leaves you in terms of warranty if it becomes faulty, or arrives faulty.

So this arrived today, and first impressions I'm very impressed with it.  Topped up the bike tyres, and checked the 4 car tyres - one was a bit low.  The battery indicator has gone done 1 stop (of 3 levels).

I'm a bit dubious about how it will last long term, especially the battery, but we'll see..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stu said:

Oh GREAT!!!

I bought the same one as you were always singing its praises.

Now you tell me I've bought a load of 💩

😆

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Yorky said:

Oh GREAT!!!

😆

It's been fine until the other week 😂

The pipe went back on and is secure I just want something better 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 05/08/2023 at 08:54, Yorky said:

Oh GREAT!!!

😆

I have two of these, one in the car and one on the bike, I just use them for emergency use which iOS thankfully very infrequent