COVID - a Moral Dilemma

onesea

So it’s all gone and forgotten until…

You know you’ve got it, your off work because of it even though you know that where you got it.

You know there are no restrictions but what precautions do you follow?

Mrs had COVID recently, work said stay home if you're unwell. I was already in the office. My work said stay put unless you feel too unwell to stay. Govt guidance to HR departments is just treat it like any other illness like flu etc. Most people are vaccinated and I don't think we could afford another lockdown.

• Like 2

Wife has just recovered from a second bout of covid, she's been off work for 2 weeks, I think the guidance is try to stay at home, try to avoid contact with other people, morally, I suppose its how hard you want to try. 

Unless you test / get tested how would you know? I may have had it but I had no means of testing so I've no idea. 2 others (out of 21) had it so no hyper infectious.  One as bad as me and one less so. Flu ? Covid? Who knows?

• Like 1

Pretty much what I am doing, just choosing anti social activities minimal visits to the shops etc, avoiding the old and unwell.

One of the feelings of guilt* is I am off sick but going to spend the next few days working on boat once morning thunderstorms subside.  

The noise and mess generally keeps people away I will also be wearing a mask due to dust.

I am on round 4 of COVID now that’s ignoring snivels, which did not test positive. Some of which where worse than my present COVID (hopefully not speaking to soon).

* Not to much as work said don’t come in for 5 days, I said I was happy to.  They said no policy is 5 days, although it still goes against my sickness record.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

Unless you test / get tested how would you know? I may have had it but I had no means of testing so I've no idea. 2 others (out of 21) had it so no hyper infectious.  One as bad as me and one less so. Flu ? Covid? Who knows?

You are correct, and you don't have to take a test. I've just carried on as normal and I haven't caught it off the wife either. 

Treat it like any other illness now, recover at home, try not to spread it about. This new descendant of Omicron is spreading about a bit at the moment, but it seems each new iteration is just edging closer to something more benign than a cold. 

And I saythis as someone who had the original strain, which left me struggling for breath on the sofa for 4 days, and long covid for about 9 months after. That sucked. 

I wouldn't worry unless we see a sharp spike in hospital cases going up, suggesting something new and nasty is about. 

• Like 1

me and the misses caught it just before my birthday pre vaccine available for us at our age back in 2021... the wrapping paper for the present was fantastic 🤭.
in hindsight should have gone to hospital but the 7yr old had it too so we couldn't leave her but didnt suffer any symptoms luckly for her, we suffered with long Covid...

weirdly sister in law has just caught it for the first time but still vaccinated too while on holiday in wales i think...

As a side note I haven't had a 'common cold' for over two and a half years! I don't believe masks had much to do with that, but what I do believe is that the religious use of hand sanitiser has made a difference.

Edited by Capt Sisko