'Sportsbikeshop' opening in Preston

Pie man

Even though leeds is ment to be nearly the same distance and time to preston to where i am, its actually takes way longer.

just very suspiciously close to JandS acc again but unlike like the leeds its not exactly next door!

jJust for you Stu i'll do what Bender suggested if and when possible, especially a no brainier if its not in stock at the branch but you know what you want.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Merseyrider201 said:

Can’t wait for this 

I need new kit !! Need new helmet want and adventure style any recommendations 

think it over very carefully before buying a crash helmet with a peak. they can and often do have some unfortunate and unforeseen consequences. before you buy do read up on what other owners of your particular bike,  have said. Personally.. Ive been riding this style of bike for 30 years and have never been tempted to buy one of these. And reading the experiences of other owners of my particular bike Im rather glad I haven't.

Do bear in mind that this style of helmet was originally designed for off roaders, who tend to ride (off road) at very modest speeds. They were never intended for road use.. in fact in the early days they were illegal on the road. Now they are really just a fashion accessory. Though im sure there are some that might bridle at that description. They can and often do result in severe turbulence at higher speeds as the forward airflow is captured by the peak. Ive seen posts where people have (im not kidding) spent £100s trying to fix this. multiple £100s and for what? so they can look the part. while the vast majority couldn't care less.

I wear a standard flip helmet. no peak.

Edited by Gerontious
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Gerontious said:

think it over very carefully before buying a crash helmet with a peak. they can and often do have some unfortunate and unforeseen consequences. before you buy do read up on what other owners have said. Personally.. Ive been riding this style of bike for 30 years and have never been tempted to buy one of these. And reading the experiences of other owners of my particular bike Im rather glad I haven't.

Do bear in mind that this style of helmet was originally designed for off roaders, who tend to ride (off road) at very modest speeds. They were never intended for road use.. in fact in the early days they were illegal on the road. Now they are really just a fashion accessory. Though im sure there are some that might bridle at that description. They can and often do result in severe turbulence at higher speeds as the forward airflow is captured by the peak. Ive seen posts where people have (im not kidding) spent £100s trying to fix this. multiple £100s and for what? so they can look the part. while the vast majority couldn't care less.

I wear a standard flip helmet. no peak.

This depends greatly on the bike and bike set up. On the GS the peak had no turbulence at any speed but it was really quite good at keeping sun out of the eyes. On the tdm it's horrible but on the mx-9 it can be removed in less than two minutes and leaves a very comfortable helmet with a nice wide view. 

1 minute ago, goat said:

This depends greatly on the bike and bike set up. On the GS the peak had no turbulence at any speed but it was really quite good at keeping sun out of the eyes. On the tdm it's horrible but on the mx-9 it can be removed in less than two minutes and leaves a very comfortable helmet with a nice wide view. 

Which is why I began by saying "before you buy do read up on what other owners have said"

I should have said.. and will now edit accordingly.  "before you buy do read up on what other owners of your bike have said."

3 minutes ago, Gerontious said:

Which is why I began by saying "before you buy do read up on what other owners have said"

I should have said.. and will now edit accordingly.  "before you buy do read up on what other owners of your bike have said."

f**k me, get over yourself. 

8 minutes ago, goat said:

f**k me, get over yourself. 

I never thought of you as being the over sensitive type. you make a valid point. I answer it.

I'll turn off notifications for this thread. ive said all I need to say.

Although I own a peaked helmet, I never wear it on the road, its intended purpose was to protect you from the shite thrown up from the bike in front when they power out of the turn, tilt your head down to stop all the crud hitting your goggles or visor. As I don't really go off road as such, I see no need to wear one, each to their own tho. 

Wink Reaction GIF by Charlie Mars

The adventure lid does have far better visibility, once on my way home from watching the SSDT & Pre 65 trials, I was heading south on the M6 and travelling on the speed limit, I did a shoulder check, and in doing so the peak was caught by the wind & turbulence, I thought it was going to rip the helmet off my head 😂.  

• Haha 4

Nice, it's only 30 miles north of me. Nice little ride out in better weather. I've ordered a good few things from them over the years, and coming up to doing  a gear refresh, so will probably pop in to try stuff on. 

My office is only 7 miles away, and on 30-40 mile roads, so I really just need kevlar lined hoodies/cargos with some well placed armour that doesn't appear too bulky when I'm at work. Be a lot easier to go in dressed casual, than kit up and kit down on each end. The time it takes I may as well have gone in the car. 

• Like 1

My I suggest you try the oxford orginals, single skin good for work/casual still AA and not chunky protection that still level 2i think

and £100. Worth ashout!

jand s has Frank Thomas rebal tack, a few more quid stretchy but for the slightly skinnier or thinner calfs that like to be gripped.

red route pulse if your sparrow legs.

the rst x? These are double skinned and thicker so you could possibly three seasons it but a bit bagger with ever so slightly thicker protection thats level two all while a touch more.

for me it was a toss between the ox and rst but as I wanted to use in more seasons and its my riding social based thats what i went but with if i was wearing while office keyboard warrioring id gone with the ox.

• Like 2