Possible Server Move

Stu

I may have to move servers very soon due to outdated software on the current server! 

I am in talks with the sister company of the current host about transferring to them as it would be a smooth transaction 

The only sticky wicket at the moment is the monthly cost! 

If I stay paying monthly it more than triples but getting a 2 year plan paid in advance its about them same its just making sure I have enough to pay in advance as funds are running low! 

I'm not begging for money yet! :lol: just letting you all know the position we are in currently and what we have in store for the near future :D 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Stu said:

I may have to move servers very soon due to outdated software on the current server! 

I am in talks with the sister company of the current host about transferring to them as it would be a smooth transaction 

If I stay paying monthly it more than triples but getting a 2 year plan paid in advance its about them same its just making sure I have enough to pay in advance as funds are running low! 

I'm not begging for money yet! :lol: just letting you all know the position we are in currently and what we have in store for the near future :D 

No shame in begging... 

It's a second home to me, hmmmmmmm, maybe first 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, Stu said:

We could have organised a collection at the Rally!

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Stu said:

There would have been no one there to collect it or collect from :scratch:

Normal cost for rally attendees = circa £100.

Six attendees = £600

Surely that would have helped?

AND, if we got back to 20+ attendees, then £2,000  could have been 'donated'.

It seems to me that more folk would rather spend a lot of dosh attending Racing weekends than supporting TMBF for one weekend in the year!

Semi-rant over. 🫤

NB. The Brampton Riders have arranged a free rally with (so far) 12 attendees.

16 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Git said:

Normal cost for rally attendees = circa £100.

Six attendees = £600

Surely that would have helped?

AND, if we got back to 20+ attendees, then £2,000  could have been 'donated'.

It seems to me that more folk would rather spend a lot of dosh attending Racing weekends than supporting TMBF for one weekend in the year!

Semi-rant over. 🫤

NB. The Brampton Riders have arranged a free rally with (so far) 12 attendees.

100 to attend 😱, before paying for accommodation,travel etc etc I would just turn up for free and sit at the table next to you all 😂 and I'm not even from Yorkshire.

Folk could happily donate without incurring any other associated costs, for 365 days of the year you can visit here when ever you want, rain, shine, we're even open Christmas day 😁 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Grumpy Old Git said:

Saving 'pop' bottles and claiming the return refund??

No wait, that was in the 60's!.

If that's what you want to do to help that's fine, if you can find anyone that's still using glass and a refund scheme.

28 minutes ago, Nick the wanderer said:

How much do you need to raise? Don't folk do a just giving page or similar? Sponsored bike ride?

I'm not sure yet till I get a total cost worked out for the new server 

I am also trying to see if I can jiggle the resources about and save some money in the process. 

I may already have enough to cover it but then need to work towards the next 2 years. 

I've seen people asking for money in crowdfunding for the most absurd things. I think helping to support the forum to be an excellent reason for crowdfunding.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, husoi said:

I've seen people asking for money in crowdfunding for the most absurd things. I think helping to support the forum to be an excellent reason for crowdfunding.

If we tell them it's because @Tiggiekeeps falling down and pulling the server plug out it's bound to be a winner.

• Haha 3

For anyone wanting to donate to the forum you can do so here

https://themotorbikeforum.co.uk/clients/donations/

Or you can subscribe to to forum here 

https://themotorbikeforum.co.uk/subscriptions/

I am looking at a cost of around £1400 for 2 years worth of hosting I then need to factor in the forum software which is $100 every 6 months, Backup storage £25 per year and the domain names which vary in price and is a total of around £45 per year! :D