F**k It

Guest noob_biker

My "universal panniers" turned out to be not so universal - the bloody support brackets are so big they clash with the rear support of the rack! So I had to file that down a little so it slides over the top. Then some of the bits where I removed the original fittings from the rack where scratching the hell out of the panniers! LOTS more filing... Finally by 10pm last night we have 3 of the four support stuck in place... And the 4th on each doesn't sit flat! MORE filing to do tonight, this time creating a groove in the locking lever so it fits over the bar. Might just be done in time to get to the rally before it gets dark, assuming I don't get too lost. At least they easily fit all my camping gear... But still, f**k it!!!

My "universal panniers" turned out to be not so universal - the bloody support brackets are so big they clash with the rear support of the rack! So I had to file that down a little so it slides over the top. Then some of the bits where I removed the original fittings from the rack where scratching the hell out of the panniers! LOTS more filing... Finally by 10pm last night we have 3 of the four support stuck in place... And the 4th on each doesn't sit flat! MORE filing to do tonight, this time creating a groove in the locking lever so it fits over the bar. Might just be done in time to get to the rally before it gets dark, assuming I don't get too lost. At least they easily fit all my camping gear... But still, f**k it!!!

I'm always very sceptical about anything "universal".....normally means it universally doesn't fit anything.... :roll:

Hope you get it sorted Ollie..... :)

Broadband is dead also, amazing how its so integrated into ones life

was the hamster wheel powering the broadband router??

He might as well have been such us the condition of the line wiring, aluminum phone wire doesn't really go with a modern telecoms world but BT refuse to give at least copper line.

When it works I can live with it but when it rains heavily the broadband reduces in speed and the software BT uses to control everything kicks in to stabilise the service without errors on the line and so superfast becomes regular.

Hamster power is the key.

Holiday is coming up, but I've had someone tampering with my bike at work!

I know exactly who it is, it's my ex gf's sister.

The ex isn't daft enough to do something as one black mark and it makes it hard to get a job in the industry I'm in all together.

The little sister who she just got a job for here however... She also rides a bike and has plotted revenge against people before by meddling with their bike.

It only happens when I park it in the multi story car park. And with bike gear on she has the perfect cover to let some of the air out of my tyres without being questioned.

She is well known for being a bitter person who behind closed doors, gladly wishes violence and even rape on people. That is the sort of person we are dealing with here.

So f**k it... another thing to deal with...

f**k it...

If it's happening fairly frequently, you could ask a co-worker with a car to park by your bike with a camera tucked away somewhere in their car. Depending on how keen you are to catch them red handed, you could invest in one of those ~£50 cameras for filming nocturnal wildlife, with the huge battery life and motion sensor to start filming.

I don't think you should accuse someone without proof.

NB. It was not me - I've got an alibi for (insert time / date here).

:|

I'm not going to accuse anyone without proof, like I say it's another thing to deal with.

The only time Ive accused without proof is when I've had an eye witness or found evidence of tracks being covered, it's proof but these days you need a damn picture otherwise you're just discredited as people arent fussed.

If it happens any more I will likely invest in a motion detecting spy camera. Plenty about :)

I certainly like the above idea... But like I say I will wait for it to escalate.

I'll let them do it a few more times before spending money!

Just found a blob of chewing gun stuck under the tail unit of my bike!!

What sort of low life tw@t does that to another guys bike??

One of the two dodgy old gits on the beaten up Hondas that turned up and slagged off all our bikes at the rally, maybe?

Just found a blob of chewing gun stuck under the tail unit of my bike!!

What sort of low life tw@t does that to another guys bike??

One of the two dodgy old gits on the beaten up Hondas that turned up and slagged off all our bikes at the rally, maybe?

My thoughts too.. :evil:

Made me laugh so much when James went over and gave them a taste of their own medicine :lol:

Seriously though, a man with flames painted on his fuel tank or one with the 12v socket held to his VFR with gaffa tape have no right to comment on matters of taste!

Made me laugh so much when James went over and gave them a taste of their own medicine :lol:

Seriously though, a man with flames painted on his fuel tank or one with the 12v socket held to his VFR with gaffa tape have no right to comment on matters of taste!

They were attention seeking. That is why I ignored them. They hate that. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, for f**ks sake...

I was told yesterday afternoon I had to give an hour presentation this afternoon about the stuff I do at work so I spent all evening working on it, thus missing the Tuesday night bikey meet.

I finished my slides about half an hour ago and the bast*rd meeting has just been cancelled.

Thanks a f**king bunch! :evil:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Apologies, this is long and quite boring probably!

Not bike related...work...but wound right me up!

Sales guy : we got new business, can we start asap

Me : nope, told you ages ago, I need 10 weeks notice to cope with all that extra work, it'll be Christmas now before I can do it

Sales guy : ah but we didnt tell the customer that, we said 1 week, can we just start now?

Me : no.

Sales guy : but its really important (cc director)

Me : I dont care. If we do it now, we will be out of stock in 2-3 weeks. tell the customer the truth (rather than letting them down as soon as you get your commission like normal)

Sales guy : ok well can we start a few weeks earlier than you said

Me : hmmm not really thats the busiest time of the year and a bad time to start a huge new customer as we can't cope and it'll go wrong

Sales guy : well we need to show them we can do it and we're really clever and good and shit

Me : but we cant physically do it. Its Christmas. Its chaos. The warehouse arent used to this, they will f**k it up. I can't shit more stock. (maybe didnt say last sentence)

Sales guy : but we have to, its only 5 new sites (cc director again)

Me : ok, 'only' 5 sites its still double our national sales currently. I think this is a really bad idea - but I'll speak to the 8 departments this will effect, on your behalf, next week, and ask them if they can help.

Sales guy : I need an answer this afternoon

Me : Its friday at 2pm, no chance I can conference call 8 senior managers before 3.30pm (when you go home, not me)

Sales guy : But i told the customer we'd definately know by this afternoon

Me : Well start listening and stop making shit up for the customer before you ask the person in charge you ar*ehole!!! (didnt really say that unfortunately)

10 minutes later, phone rings

My boss : err we have a problem

Me : I knew you'd call

My boss : they say you have loads of stock in the warehouse and you wont let them use it

Me : thats not true

My boss : can we use it

Me : yes, but that's stock for current customers Christmas orders. If you use it now, I'll run out completely in under 3 weeks.

My boss : oh, then can you try...etc etc for ten minutes

Me : tried all that, I'm not a f**king moron

Like I, on a whim, I just decided to tell 9 million pounds of new business that we couldn't supply them until 2015...like I didn't have myself and someone else pouring over figures and spreadsheets and calculations for 2 days to get them all the CORRECT information. Like I didnt actually TELL the SALES MANAGER before they made the deal that it would be 10 weeks for us to prepare this after the customer signed the contract and THEY IGNORED MY COMMENTS.

Now they have totally failed to inform the customer its MY problem to shit all this stock out my arse which hasnt even been made yet??!!?!?!?!?! ARGH ARGH ARGH f**k IT.

On a brighter note, finished a project to help a certain country with a certain disease outbreak, so 1 - happy to help, 2 - happy to see lots of hard work come off successfully, 3 - got half a dozen messages from other departments & senior managers congratulating me and thanking me for the effort, and its going into the company newsletter whoop.

Absolutely f**k it to hell and back, I'm nearing my wits end with my bike. Finally ready to work on it this weekend, all the parts I needed have finally arrived... f**king relief relay dies when I set off for work this morning leaving me with no headlight, indicators or horn. Naturally, Motorworks don't seem to have any in stock. So I'm back on getting lifts to and from work until I can get one, which is REALLY f**king CONVENIENT when I'm so busy and really need to be able to stay late.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH :evil:

Absolutely f**k it to hell and back, I'm nearing my wits end with my bike. Finally ready to work on it this weekend, all the parts I needed have finally arrived... f**king relief relay dies when I set off for work this morning leaving me with no headlight, indicators or horn. Naturally, Motorworks don't seem to have any in stock. So I'm back on getting lifts to and from work until I can get one, which is REALLY f**king CONVENIENT when I'm so busy and really need to be able to stay late.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH :evil:

Can't you cycle it for the mo? What a pain in the arse...

Out of interest has a certain someone ever said to you "sorry for recommending my mate's bike and vouching for it saying he's an engineer and it will be in great nick...and you having to spend more than double what you paid for it repairing it and all the agro it has caused you" :shock: