F**k It

Guest noob_biker

• 1 month later...

F**k it, arrived at work and noticed the right fork seal has started to crap out. F650 forum FAQs say I'll need a jack, hoping the Haynes says otherwise or else it's a double f**k it because I'll have to walk all the way to Halfords and back. I really need to invest in a new bicycle so that cycling to work is a more realistic option :roll:

Cheers muchly for the offer, I'm in Orchard Park over by the science park from about 16:30 (assuming I get the bike home without any pant-crapping moments), although I'm not 100% sure if I'll be fixing it this weekend; might have to prioritise the bicycle shopping.

Trying to make the big decision today; do I just garage the thing and fix it up as and when I can afford to? Insurance just put a dent in my wallet and it needs at least another £300 - £400 of bits to carry out the next service and subsequently be in a fit state to pass its MOT, and that's if I do all the work myself which to be quite honest may well be beyond my capabilities. Plus my boots and gloves now have such an imbalanced superglue-to-leather ratio that I don't seem to be able to glue them back together any more. And to be honest, I'm sick of never having any damn money or having the stuff vanish every time I manage to start saving any amount. F**k it all.

Okay mate, well they're in the back of the car - I can swing by on my way back this evening if you want them - if not then the offer is open if you need them in the future.

I'll PM you my number as I won't have any internet later. :-(

Cheers for the various tips and offers guys :thumb:

I've taken a peek on the parts website and seen that the new seals don't cost a great deal, rest assured that I'm not garaging the BMW over £45 of seals and dust covers! This was just the straw that broke the camels back and I've concluded that I may as well put it into hibernation until I have the cash to do all the other work it needs in order to pass the rapidly approaching MOT. I'm getting a bit sick of sinking every single penny I earn into biking; I'd quite like to actually afford to eat properly, or god forbid, take a holiday this year!

Plus I've been meaning to fix the Lexmoto for ages as it wouldn't hurt to have a working backup bike given how often the Beemer falls to bits - and the parts to fix up the Lex come to a grand sum of £80 :lol:

Cheers for the various tips and offers guys :thumb:

I've taken a peek on the parts website and seen that the new seals don't cost a great deal, rest assured that I'm not garaging the BMW over £45 of seals and dust covers! This was just the straw that broke the camels back and I've concluded that I may as well put it into hibernation until I have the cash to do all the other work it needs in order to pass the rapidly approaching MOT. I'm getting a bit sick of sinking every single penny I earn into biking; I'd quite like to actually afford to eat properly, or god forbid, take a holiday this year!

Plus I've been meaning to fix the Lexmoto for ages as it wouldn't hurt to have a working backup bike given how often the Beemer falls to bits - and the parts to fix up the Lex come to a grand sum of £80 :lol:

is that per week ...........f**k it im off before ollie throws a spanner at me

Had some dodgy lemon curd on toast this morning. Drove into central London and had to pull over in a red route buss lane to throw up!!

Probably gonna be the most expensive lemon curd on toast ever..