41 members have voted

1. 1. how lond did it take you ?

• 1st time
    • 2nd time
    • 3rd time
    • 4th time
    • longer ?
    • only have cbt ?

3rd time, but I did the first two before they cancelled them for bad weather and managed a 20ft skid in torrential rain on the emergency stop on my first one!

On the second one I nearly got hit by a car doing 70-80mph in a built up area and even the examiner was gutted to fail me as I was gingerly pulling out of a junction between parked cars and he appeared round a bend! I wasn't very happy to fail for that!

Third one was ace! :cheers:

3rd time for me

.....1st I failed due to not keeping with flow of traffic( basically not going fast enough)....I'd had my bike stolen 2 days before test date and borrowed one from a local bike shop, picked it up an hour before test...speedo was broken, so ended up being overcautious with speed !!! :roll:

2nd.....got cancelled .....was told when I got there...great eh :x

3rd....flying colours, although we didnt quite have the same system as now :mrgreen:

3 times...first buggered up my turn in the road spectacularly.... 2nd was cancelled due to bad weather and intercom failure and I got knocked off by some dozy tart on the way back to the riding school and the 3rd time with cancelled due to examiners illness and 4th flying colours. But only really counts as 2.

1st time car 3rd time DAS on bike.

1st fail for waiting for a lorry to pass beofre i pulled out , I could have madeit apparently - discretion best part of valour my opinion.

2nd fail , causing a bmw z1 to slow , cos he was doing 80 in a 40 :(..

3rd time PASS and I skidded on overbanding on emergancy stop ;)

passed 2nd time, restricted licence.

riding school was expecting me to ride up to the test centre on 125 then jump onto the 500 for me test !( they had a problem at the time with there training licence). so i chose to do it on the 125.

Guest akey

Did CBT cos I was to lazy to sort out my Pt 1 test!!!

No lessons, did test, passed, next day went a got an RD350 YPVS in marlboro colours :lol:

This may have been a little while ago

No such thing as CBT or even lessons when I did mine - booked, turned up and passed. Didn't even have 'minors' in those days!

Same here. Turned up on a Suzuki 250, rode round the block a couple of times and got my license 1st time. Tore off the L's and off i went

On the second one I nearly got hit by a car doing 70-80mph in a built up area and even the examiner was gutted to fail me as I was gingerly pulling out of a junction between parked cars and he appeared round a bend! I wasn't very happy to fail for that!

Ive never understood this on test's, My missus failed her forst car test coz someone cut her up at a roundabout and she had to slam on the anchor's. Surley if its someone else's fault and you survive/don't have an accident or completely avoid the moron in a car then you should pass with flying colours due to the fact you were aware enough to see the hazard coming and also have the skill to avoid it?