Module 2 - members test experiences

Wooohooooo passed my MOD 2 today!! 3 minors, one of them was after a van tried to knock me off and the examiner got between me and the van and pressed his horn and gave the driver what for! I was only out for 30 mins, and thought I had failed as when I turned right at some traffic lights I was just about to enter the new road nd all traffic stopped, and I was on pelican crossing, I creeped forward which meant I was about two feet from the car in front but didn't have much choice! That's it I thought I've failed, the weather was fab, and every roundabout I was straight out even though there was loads of lunchtime traffic, and after 30 mins when we got back he said would you like your instructor present? I said yes, and he then proceeded to say that the van driver had nearly wiped me out, and why didn't i pip my horn, I replied I was just about to but you did it for me, then he said that it was a great ride with just 3 minors, one for going wide at a junction another one for the van as I didn't steer away straight away and the last one for being too close to a van! But who cares I've passssssssed! :D :D

Wooohooooo passed my MOD 2 today!! 3 minors, one of them was after a van tried to knock me off and the examiner got between me and the van and pressed his horn and gave the driver what for! I was only out for 30 mins, and thought I had failed as when I turned right at some traffic lights I was just about to enter the new road nd all traffic stopped, and I was on pelican crossing, I creeped forward which meant I was about two feet from the car in front but didn't have much choice! That's it I thought I've failed, the weather was fab, and every roundabout I was straight out even though there was loads of lunchtime traffic, and after 30 mins when we got back he said would you like your instructor present? I said yes, and he then proceeded to say that the van driver had nearly wiped me out, and why didn't i pip my horn, I replied I was just about to but you did it for me, then he said that it was a great ride with just 3 minors, one for going wide at a junction another one for the van as I didn't steer away straight away and the last one for being too close to a van! But who cares I've passssssssed! :D :D
. Congratulations. So pleased for you

• 2 weeks later...

Passed my mod 2, second attempt, first time round got caught out by traffic stopping short on a right turn and ended up stopped on a pedestrian crossing. Oh well passed this time. The weather was awful, pouring rain but no minors - perhaps he couldn't see anything either! Bike shopping now.......yesssssss:)

• 2 months later...

Took my mod 2 this morning.

I think the only thing I can say is take your time, make your observations and relax.

In comparison to the Mod 1 it is much, much nicer.

I felt really relaxed and it was no different than riding with my instructor.

Had a nice examiner, same one who took my mod 1.

Picked up a minor for taking a corner too wide. Apart from that, no issues and passed first time :)

Good luck to others taking their Mod 2.

• 4 weeks later...
Took my mod 2 this morning.

I think the only thing I can say is take your time, make your observations and relax.

In comparison to the Mod 1 it is much, much nicer.

I felt really relaxed and it was no different than riding with my instructor.

Had a nice examiner, same one who took my mod 1.

Picked up a minor for taking a corner too wide. Apart from that, no issues and passed first time :)

Good luck to others taking their Mod 2.

Congratulations. I have the MOD 2 booked for early March. Glad to hear that it's not such a terrible experience!

Passed module 2 today in Aberdeen with no rider faults! Although I did ride through an amber light and the examiner got stuck at the red, but he priased me for it and said I was thinking ahead and it would've more dangerous to emergency stop.

Got to ride a lexmoto 125 all the way back into tow afterwards. Not so good! Didn't feel very safe at all!

Thanks to al_stu for clearing up some issues with roundabouts last night, helped alot!

• 3 weeks later...

It's a week now since I passed my mod 2. It's nice to be sleeping and eating once again as I was a total reck before my test.

I was greeted to terrible weather high winds and heavy rain. The examinor wanted to cancel but thankfully decided to let me have a go. I fluffed my show and tell questions but he seemed happy enough. I was only out on the roads for 20minutes as the weather was so bad. My ride alone was not on the section of road I was expecting so I just slowed everything down to make sure I was following the correct roads.

In my opinion your instructor will train you to a higher level than the examinor expects, so the best thing you can do is try to relax (as much as you can) and slow everything down. All the effort and nerves you put in will be more than worth it when you pass the test.

All the best for your test.

So I passed mod 2 this morning first time 0 minors.

Owe a massive thanks to the guys at 1st gear in farnborough they were brilliant taking me from CBT to now full licence! They're a great bunch and throughly recommend to everyone.

Asfor experience of mod 2 can only say just treat it as a ride out, there were times when I thought I had messed up but was told no faults after the test :)

Thanks to everyone posting their experiences on here was great to read these to help calm before the test!

• 2 weeks later...

So had an hours break after my Mod 1 test so had a quick mcdonalds lol fed and watered and ready to go.

I felt a lot more confident with this test than i did with my Mod 1.

It was very very busy riding through Ipswich but i felt relaxed and comfortable with the bike again.

I was asked to pull over 3 or 4 times and also demonstrate a hill start which considering how busy it was when it came to pulling off again there wasnt a car in site lol.

I havent got much to write up on this but i can say im over the moon to have passed i got 4 minors again one was for not changing the signal when coming off the roundabout but i did attempt it and accidently caught the horn lol which he pointed out.

now i just need to get a part for my bike then tax and insure it in the next couple weeks im so excited i cant wait lol

• 2 weeks later...

So, 19 days after taking a bike on the road for the first time in over 30 years and never having ridden anything bigger than a 125 a handful of times, I had my Mod 2 this morning.

I didn't enjoy the ride to the test station, made a few silly errors but nothing major mainly because of nerves and trying to get everything right.

Examiner takes me out and asks me to read the number plate on the left of the fence and I managed to read the number of the car parked next to it- great start! Couples of questions about oil and pillion and off we went heading toward a village that I lived in for 14 years up until recently so I really knew the roads which helped. Left the village and examiner told me to do an independent ride and follow the signs for Cambridge. Approaching a roundabout to take the third exit, I did a lifesaver, indicated, and moved into the right hand lane then realised I was going into the right turn for MacDonalds just before the roundabout (stupid place for a right turn IMO) and although I knew the road well I had not travelled in the direction I was going since long before the turning was there. Panicked a little and looked over my left shoulder, indicated and adjusted my position slightly to get where I should have been. I thought "idiot, should have taken the right turn" and then gone from there. Less than 10 mins later we were back at the test centre. I was sure the test only lasted about 30 minutes and thought I had probably failed because of my manoeuvre and we had gone back early!

But I did pass and now have a full motorcycle category A licence. I said to the examiner about my almost wrong turn and he said I did it safely so there was no problem and I had a total of 6 faults- 3 of which were undue hesitation.

My instructor said did I want the radio for the ride back- hell no! The ride back was sweet despite the Cambridge traffic and numerous hold ups and as we hit the open roads, an old song came into my head called "Motorcycle rider" which I found myself singing out loud as I rode along! Happy days!

Now to get some wheels.......... :D