Module 2 - members test experiences

Due to some mix ups and confusion (my instructor was trying to move someone else's booking and moved mine by mistake), I arrived at the Kassam Stadium in Oxford at 8am for my 8:15am test. The weather wasn't bad for early Feb, but most definitely cold and damp.

My examiner arrived shortly after, and is turns out the same chap who'd done my Mod1 4 days earlier.

He started with the paperwork and then gave me the radio to put on. And then it was out to the bike and rolling.

The first few turns took is down Nightingale avenue in Blackbird Leys, though to Cowley. Luckily while most of my training hadn't been here, while waiting for the Mod1 we'd been this exact way. So at least I was vaguely familiar, as its an odd road, lots of brick, slow and turn and junction after turn and junction.

On the last stretch of this was where I picked up two my two minors... There was a narrow mush road and two oncoming vans. I figured (correctly) that there was enough room for us to pass without much drama. The van driver wasn't best impressed (clearly wanted much more room), and pulled a face. When I checked my mirrors I could see the examiner had stopped and realised I'd made a mistake. Oh well I thought, what's the worst? Call it a practice run.

It got easier from here as we headed out to Garsington, where we did the hill start. I got really lucky here, as I pulled away the bike stalled!!!! And then caught again, and I was away. So it was rather jerky, but observations were all good and once going we were up to speed.

It was then onto the independent ride, which basically was all the way back to the test centre. This was a breeze as I'd ridden this route many times.

Back at the test centre there were a couple of questions about pillions but after the first part of my answer he was happy and left to fill in his paperwork. I headed inside to remove the radio and wait for the verdict. I was pretty sure stalling during the hill start at the very least had failed me.

But apparently no, two minors as mentioned, and that was it, passed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome well done! :thumb:

and realised I'd made a mistake. Oh well I thought, what's the worst? Call it a practice run.

Also I'm sure at least half of us have had this thought - I know I did on my test :lol: :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Took me some time but I have worked my way through this thread from start to finish ( as I did with the MOD 1 thread before my test). Really hope I get to post a good news story in here soon. Would it be churlish to say I’m jealous of you guys? Well I am :D . My time will come…..i hope.

• 3 weeks later...

Failed my mod 2 this afternoon :( . Following a bit too close to car in front on a duel carriageway, shame as everything else went fine and would of passed if didn't have that serious fault. Next free slot was end of the month so booked for then which is the day after I get back from holiday so will be nice and rested for it, set me back another £150 though which is the most annoying bit!

• 3 weeks later...

Passed my Mod 2 first time today at Kirkcaldy. Whooo! Had 3 minors, all for daft shit at the very start of the test. After that it was plain sailing, apart from the hearse that pulled out on me at a big roundabout...

Probably helped that I had my Mod 2 training this morning so was very warmed up and relaxed on the bike itself. Just looking forward to the best bit now!

As an aside I trained with ProScot and I thought they were fantastic throughout. My instructor was Ian who had a great delivery style and was very easy to get on with, while still having that teacher rather than pal demeanour which is essential I think.

So had my Mod 2 yesterday at Darlington, goes into the office to check paperwork, I was asked how a pillion would affect handling, went outside and was asked what I would check about tyres and also how I would check steering, all sorted onto bikes and straight into independent riding, right out of test centre and follow signs for Yarm down the A67, into Urlay Nook and Long Newton Ln back onto A66, along the A66 and a right at roundabout into Brampton Ln, whinbush way, Whinfield road, wellbeck Avenue, salters lane S, Haughton Road, McMullen Road, Yarm rd and back into test centre, felt a good ride, didn't foresee any major issues, had to leave helmet on until I got into room???? Then got that amazing news, you've passed!!! Asked if I could get any feedback, you had 0 minors on Mod 1 and now 0 on your mod 2! There is nothing I can tell you other than you've had a phenomenal ride keep it up!!!!! Wow so happy it's unreal and only had 1 lesson so didn't come much cheaper

Well I had my mod 2 today. Everything that could go wrong did! I was certain I had failed. Then the examiner told me I had passed with only 2 minors. I'm over the moon and have only just got home off the bike, far too much fun :D

Well I had my mod 2 today. Everything that could go wrong did! I was certain I had failed. Then the examiner told me I had passed with only 2 minors. I'm over the moon and have only just got home off the bike, far too much fun :D

Well done mate :thumb: