Module 2 - members test experiences

Failed my mod 2 today 1 major for apparently not doing a left lifesaver at a right turn off roundabout , 100% I did look over my left as I exited but examiner must have missed it ! I remember doing this as it was the last roundabout back to the test centre and even told myself don’t mess up now ensuring I did all checks ,  my disagreement fell on deaf ears which is so frustrating, feel robbed and lost a lot of faith in the examination process 

1 hour ago, Dan86 said:

Failed my mod 2 today 1 major for apparently not doing a left lifesaver at a right turn off roundabout , 100% I did look over my left as I exited but examiner must have missed it ! I remember doing this as it was the last roundabout back to the test centre and even told myself don’t mess up now ensuring I did all checks ,  my disagreement fell on deaf ears which is so frustrating, feel robbed and lost a lot of faith in the examination process 

Unfortunately it's in the past, don't dwell on it, next time should go fine.

On 22/06/2023 at 21:37, Dan86 said:

I do too many lifesavers at roundabouts cos i'm never sure - but i think at right turn you have to look over your right.. so your Left life saver would not have been the right one. 

HTH 

PS tests suck.. 

All I can suggest when doing life savers is to do them a little bit more slowly and deliberately so as to give no option to say it wasn't done. I was given that advice by my instructor for my car license. He said not to look in the mirror just moving your eyes but to move your entire head so the examiner can see you do it.

Good luck in future :cheers:

29 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

All I can suggest when doing life savers is to do them a little bit more slowly and deliberately so as to give no option to say it wasn't done. I was given that advice by my instructor for my car license. He said not to look in the mirror just moving your eyes but to move your entire head so the examiner can see you do it.

Good luck in future :cheers:

Adjust your mirrors so you have to turn your head slightly too see properly, for your test. Then your mirror checks easily observed.

Test are a pantomime you have to know the part to play as much as what to do.  Sadly like with a pantomime, your audience has to like what your doing as well...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tigs said:

I do too many lifesavers at roundabouts cos i'm never sure - but i think at right turn you have to look over your right.. so your Left life saver would not have been the right one. 

HTH 

PS tests suck.. 

The question to ask is "where is the danger coming from?". If there's a lane to your right, look right. If you're crossing a lane to your left, look left first.

My dyslexic arse brain - is never sure .. it took me ages to master in the car...I tend to look to the lane (if i'm crossing one - and glance to the other shoulder as I go) . I'm sure at one point i was told to check for cyclists - but now i know that's only if I sit there a while. 

Unless it is a mini roundabout - not sure where i should be looking either

• 1 month later...

Failed my Mod2 this week, first attempt but feeling more annoyed with myself more than anything.

Took it at Chesterfield, all going reasonably well other than setting off from behind a parked car down hill in neutral! Daft lad!! So got a minor.  Also got a minor when approaching a railway bridge wide enough for one vehicle, signed priority for oncoming, so I stopped to let the oncoming car through but it also stopped and flashed.  Examiner told me I should have gone but I said I was following the sign instruction, so thought this was a bit harsh tbh.

The reason for failing was a roundabout with 7 exits, particularly busy as it feeds two carriageways and vehicles go round and enter it far too quickly, anyway I was instructed to take the 3rd exit which was at 12 o’clock, chose the left lane as indicated by the approaching signs but stupidly, and can’t remember doing it, indicated right after the first exit to then indicate left after the 2nd to take 3rd exit (whilst staying in the left lane).  No idea why I indicated right but I caused a car to hesitate in the lane next to me as they thought I was pulling across.  No cause of danger other than affecting other users unnecessarily really.  Stupid and like I said, annoyed with myself more than anything tbh especially since it was only 5 minutes away from the test centre return!

Anyway, live and LEARN by mistakes, already looking to book my re-take so fingers crossed.

• Sad 3