Any Vapists here?

MrBrightside

Since giving up smoking 3 years ago, I've been vaping since. Anyone else into this, and what's your set up?

Thought I'd start this off and see what kit others are using and share tips etc, and maybe even educate non believers ;)

Anyhow... My current set up is a Vapor Flask lite with a Joyetch cubis atty running .5ohms at 22w. Really good combo between low power, clouds and flavour. One 18650 battery will last a full days vaping, and the tank will hold a full days worth of juice.

Currently making my own juice, which I have become very good at, and typically use 60/40 VG/PG mix. Sometime thicker depending on what atty I'm using...

I will enter the rebuildable tank atomiser fray very soon and would appreciate any tips on coiling...

Likewise, if anyone is tempted to try making their own juice, I can always do a tutorial which would be a good base to start from. It's easy enough and will save a small fortune on juice.

I'm a vapist... Me and the Mrs both on em , not had a smoke for 18 months now . wouldn't go back to a proper smoke now .

Exactly the same. We're in our 18th month. Gone from 18mg down to 6mg.

Also found a place that does decent oil at 90ML for £10!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

RX200 here with a Smok 0.2 ohm Quad coil @ 85w. RX200 takes 3 x 18650's so lasts a few days.

Make my own juice too, which saves a tonne. Normally 80/20 VG at 3mg. Can't be arsed with RBA.

Easy. Pick a recipe from Reddit. One that has good reviews. Just as a beginner.

You'll need an EJuice calculator like "EJuicemeup" Then some VG and PG, some Nicotine and some flavour concentrates and mix away.

Start in small amounts and when you find one you like scale it up.

For example, this is my Neon Cream clone:

6% Bavarian Cream

3% Lemon

1% Key Lime

4% Orange Cream

3% Raspberry

Decide how much you want to make, so for this mix I will make 100ml. Decide the percentage VG/PG. VG gives a smoother, cloudier hit, so I stick to 80/20 VG. Then add your Nicotine base percentage, which would be 72mg suspended in VG for me, and finally add what mg you want to mix it down to, so I stick to 3 mg nicotine.

Input all this into an ejuice calculator and it will give you the amount of each ingredient to mix. Then just shake it up and either let it steep for more flavour or just vape away.

I am a 20 a day man and thought I would try a vape stick to replace or cut down my smoking. Guy who sold me it asked me my habit and what brand I smoked and gave me the oil closest to my cigarette habit. He did warn me I would cough a lot to start with but to persevere with it and it would stop. I did give it a good try for over a month but still coughed my lungs up and wanted a real ciggie afterwards! I gave up in the end and went back to smoking 20 a day.

I read this title very wrong :roll:

Ha me too, especially if you sound it out as if you are Borat from Kazakhstan.

In all seriousness though I never knew how much effort went into these vapor things, nuts!

I just went from an E-go to a Kangrer subvod mega TC this week. It's a bit odd breathing it straight down to start with.

I prefer the pencil type to the boxy ones and don't really see what the big deal is about blowing massive clouds. I can't have more than a few goes on the new one whilst driving before the car starts filling up!

I mulled over getting a rebuildable one before I got the subvod as I like a tinker but I just want to screw the thing together, fill it up and go.

I much prefer vaping to smoking except when the thing leaks a bit and you end up smelling of raw liquid.

As someone who grew up with both parents smoking in the the house (it wasn't frowned much on then) I just want to say thanks to anyone who has stopped smoking actual cigarettes.

Obviously stopping completely is best, but these vaporisers are so much more comfortable to be around as a non-smoker than real ciggies.

Totally agree Arwen ;)

Fro, the older Kanger tanks all leak like a sieve, but they do a Kanger CL tank now that is built like the cubis, which won't leak ever ;)

I'm toying with getting a Tesla Nano 60w and a Wotofo Conqueror RTA this week. I have a spare fully boxed and unopened CL tank if you want it, but I'd recommend 1.5ohm coils in it as the .5 is pretty harsh.

How do you go about making your own juice ?

I just read up a bit on it (plenty online) then experimented, using the ejuicemeup calculator. PG, VG, Nicotine, Ethyl Maltol etc all readily available on t'internet...

I've saved a fortune, and I know that no acetone or Diacetyl etc goes into my juice, as some are horrific.

RX200 here with a Smok 0.2 ohm Quad coil @ 85w. RX200 takes 3 x 18650's so lasts a few days.

Make my own juice too, which saves a tonne. Normally 80/20 VG at 3mg. Can't be arsed with RBA.

Are you using the TFV4? I bought one when they first came out, far too extreme for me! Need loads of wattage and go through juice like an alcoholic on speed. That's a hefty setup Joe, a mate has the RX, it's a beast.

What a palava just to have a smoke :wink: Makes me glad that after 35 years of smoking I was able to give up cold turkey 15 months ago without the need to ween myself off anything.

How long does it take to make a days worth of smoking/vaping?

Is it cheaper than smoking?

When I quite, I joined a Quit smoking forum (and made many friends around the world) and set up a quit smoking ticker.

As of this morning, based on me having smoked 20 a day, I have so far not smoked 8947 ciggies since I quit and I have saved around £3,000 minimum in 15 months.

Really puts it in perspective when I think how much I have spent over the years.

It's ok and gives me something to do. There's so many different types of mods and tanks etc, and ejuice doesn't take long for me to make and I can make a fair bit in one go, so never any supply issues. Very very cheap compared to smoking, and tastes much better ;)

I needed a reward.. so when I stopped I worked out my daily spend and then multiplied that by 30.

I then set up a standing order transfer from my current account to a savings account for this amount each month, not a huge amount but it soon added up.

Im not going to mention what I have bought with this money.. but they are all items that under normal circumstances I would have found impossible to justify... the reaction from friends and family has been 'Are you mad?'

Not really.. these things were all bought with money that would have gone up in smoke.. and thats not mad at all is it?

as for vaping and other alternate sources of nicotine.. I saw little point in just modifying the addiction. I wanted it to end completely. It took a 3 month course of Champix. Easy and entirely painless.

Giving up smoking is the way forward for sure. I can do without vaping, and if I break a tank (which I have done) it's no biggie. But I enjoy it and it's not doing me much harm, so for the foreseeable I'll do it. Maybe one day I'll bin it, but for now I'm good with it...

Giving up smoking is the way forward for sure. I can do without vaping, and if I break a tank (which I have done) it's no biggie. But I enjoy it and it's not doing me much harm, so for the foreseeable I'll do it. Maybe one day I'll bin it, but for now I'm good with it...

I was not trying to be a hypocritical ex smoker or anything like that. My daughter is a smoker. But I suppose the question is, is vaping a genuine and viable alternative to smoking a real weed?

I was lucky in that I was able to give up cold turkey in one hit and without difficulty (my ilness probably helped in that respect), but having tried an e-cig once and was not overly impressed, I have always assumed that vaping would have a similar affect in that it is no substitute for the real thing other than it is probably/possibly a healthier alternative.

I ask, because I am interested and I have not come across many who do vape, and I always assumed that you just purchased a vape machine/puffer (whatever they are called) and that the vaping mixture was pre-set at a factory or something like that. I honestly never realised that you can mix your own concoctions.

Which goes to prove what I know (Not a lot :cry: )