Nob of the Day.......

Tango

Stopped at some traffic lights, red traffic lights and this little yaris decides to come charging down the inside of me, through the red lights.

Oh if only that Bin lorry had carried on with his turn. Fortunately I didn't get rear ended as I'd just finished filtering so was wide on the lane else that would have been me wiped out.

similar incident this morning, was filtering along side stationary traffic on my left doing about 25mph, on my side of the road and a Chelsea tractor was so far over to his right, that he encroached on my lane, so close I felt the brush of his wingmirror....

Was definitely a moment I don't wish to repeat.... w**kers

This woman came down my left side, she even went into the cycle lane else yeah I'd have been rear ended, and it would have been hard as she wasn't slowing down. I was very tempted to chase her through the lights and give her what for but then I'd have been in the wrong and lost my moral high ground :P

Ah mate, sounds like a close one. Glad we both made it out alive.

Stopped at some traffic lights, red traffic lights and this little yaris decides to come charging down the inside of me, through the red lights.

Oh if only that Bin lorry had carried on with his turn. Fortunately I didn't get rear ended as I'd just finished filtering so was wide on the lane else that would have been me wiped out.

similar incident this morning, was filtering along side stationary traffic on my left doing about 25mph, on my side of the road and a Chelsea tractor was so far over to his right, that he encroached on my lane, so close I felt the brush of his wingmirror....

Was definitely a moment I don't wish to repeat.... w**kers

This woman came down my left side, she even went into the cycle lane else yeah I'd have been rear ended, and it would have been hard as she wasn't slowing down. I was very tempted to chase her through the lights and give her what for but then I'd have been in the wrong and lost my moral high ground :P

Ah mate, sounds like a close one. Glad we both made it out alive.

both live to die another day :P

These drivers are a dime a dozen these days. Also the sort to do something awful then swear blind it wasn't their fault. If you can catch them without breaking and laws or appearing to be following then do feel free to pull alongside and tap on the window.

Giving them what for is actually something I suggest as long as you're not screaming. A tap on the window and telling them they could have killed someone may get you blanked, but it will probably irritate them at some level. Everyone wants to avoid trouble at the end of the day.

Some nob last night started getting road ragey with Bikermoo. Car parked on the side of the road in one lane of a 30mph dual carriageway and we are approaching at speed limit. She indicated, waited longer than I would have but a BMW tried to push past her. He couldn't complete the overtake as there's a car in front of him in his lane so he seems to back off a bit, and we want to fill the space between him and this car.

He still left space so I said go, didn't make him brake or change course. But he got on the high beams immediately, swerving around then trying to undertake in a bus lane which began just up the road and replaced the left lane. Very random. Someone just looking for trouble, he didn't accelerate until the indicator had been on a few seconds and he had no where to go. Didn't sit well with him a smart car going ahead clearly.

I was using moos smart car to get to work, and people treat you like scum! Because you're small you get cut in on, tail gated, and bullied across the road. Size does indeed matter on the road it seems.

Not really one to get annoyed on the roads but seen a bus charge a red light, people infront of me had started moving off on the green and had to lock up and swerve to avoid it.

Police car sat to the right of me, lights and siren on, forced himself over to my lane. Im thinking go on son get him booked. Gets all but 1 car behind the bus then lights off and carries on in a different direction. WTF!!

I'd have to say it's me today. Well the GF certainly thinks so. I've found out that I can't walk past pet toys without squeezing every single one to see what type of squeak it makes. Annoyed the f*ck out of her apparently. So I bought the puppy quite a few ;)

I'd have to say it's me today. Well the GF certainly thinks so. I've found out that I can't walk past pet toys without squeezing every single one to see what type of squeak it makes. Annoyed the f*ck out of her apparently. So I bought the puppy quite a few ;)

Coming soon... MrBrightsides NOTD could be his GF when she breaks something over his head.

I give it 2 days :wink:

NOTD goes to a fellow biker.

Driving on a dual carriage way section with lights for pedestrians to cross, one turns red as we're approaching (he's behind me) so naturally we slow down and he filters past slowing down enough to let the lady with her pram to get out of his path and rides straight through red!!!!

Deserves more than a nomination for NOTD.

NOTD has to go to stupid Taxi driver too busy checking his mobile phone whilst pulling out to change lanes at a set of traffic lights in Southgate. the bloody very nearly hit me. I am talking millimeters to spare, FFS put me in a bad mood for the whole journey to work.

NOTD has to go to stupid Taxi driver too busy checking his mobile phone whilst pulling out to change lanes at a set of traffic lights in Southgate. the bloody very nearly hit me. I am talking millimeters to spare, FFS put me in a bad mood for the whole journey to work.

Taxi drivers tend not to give a shit either - unless the roles are reversed, of course, in which case they will go mental at you.

Nomination to the van driver who randomly swerved lanes with no indication as I was level with him. The closest I've ever come to being side swiped! Pulled the clutch in and revved it up (Londoners don't hear horns) and luckily he braked. Got an apologetic wave hopefully he'll check his mirrors before doing that again.

I nominate the Zen Internet tech who told me I needed to swap a clients router for the 10th time. 10 different sets of hardware, all doing the same issues indicates the line is f*cked you cretin.

Hahahaha power trip gone wrong.

When a police officer tells you to do something, he's there to enforce law, not be your mate. :lol:

I have no NOTD for once. Instead I have hero of the day... A BMW too!

In general chat I mention my icy ride in, I had a BMW car behind me who gave me space, backed off when we approached corners as I slowed and took them very carefully, and pulled next to me to have a laugh about how nuts I was to be riding.

A nice BMW... Must have been a biker, otherwise if not, I really have seen everything!

Not sure if I was 'The Nob' or if the driver was.

I'm pretty sure we both were.

So coming down a back road, speed limit is 40mph.

Set the scene, me at the back.

Me > Biker > CAR > CAR

Biker comes up behind CAR who then indicates right, as if to attempt to scare the Biker or something. There wasn't a turning for ages. He then cancelled his indicator and the biker went round.

CAR indicates right, CAR stops behind him waiting as there is oncoming traffic and has also shifted over to the right.

Plenty of space on the left and the CAR is not going anywhere because he's blocked until CAR moves.

I go down the left thinking nothing of it, perfectly safe, no risk to anyone.

5 minutes down the road, the CAR I went past has now caught up and pulls up to me and starts having a go about the speed limit being 30. It's 40, but I'm not about to start arguing that.

Then he proceeds to tell me that was illegal, he could have knocked me off, blah blah. Fair enough, off he goes.

Was what I did really that bad?

Some car drivers can not handle the fact that someone on a bike can get to places quicker than they can and filter traffic. They believe that they are the most important person in the world and everyone should WAIT behind them until they get to their destination first.

car

is a first class bell end

you did nothing wrong :mrgreen:

:stupid:

Pretty much, sounds like he was just trying to make himself feel better about having a tiny cock.. Don't let it bother you :D

Some car drivers can not handle the fact that someone on a bike can get to places quicker than they can and filter traffic. They believe that they are the most important person in the world and everyone should WAIT behind them until they get to their destination first.

driving all day everyday it amazes me what I see on the roads!

if I posted in here about NOTD I would probably need my own thread!

its not just bikes they don't like! its everything! the must get in front of anything that moves! and its a matter of life or death!

Well that's good to know.

As far as I knew 'undertaking', passing on the left was ok in that situation.

I was reading something the otherday which was explaining how 'undertaking' isn't really a crime, it's all about the safety of the move.

Anyway cheers guys :)

I wasn't overly bothered by it, I try to avoid pissing people off too much. :booty: