Nob of the Day.......

Tango

I will nominate any Knob who.

When the M25 ( or any motorway) slows to a crawl and then the knobs have to change lanes at the last minute as the other lane is crawling 1 MPH faster than the lane they are in. In doing so they piss everyone else off due to them having to brake to allow the Knob in. Stay in the lane you are in FFS. I make a mental note of the car and its reg number and then try to keep a look out for them. The number of times I have re passed them as they are stuck in the slow lane.

The Knobs who when you are sitting at 76 MPH ( on cruise control) and have moved to the inner lane ( due the rules being move to the left unless overtaking) come flying past you ( even though there is nothing behind me) and then decide that the turn off they want is the one coming up. They then decide to pull over in front of me and then slow down to take the slip road. FFS look a bit futher down the road and plan ahead and then pull in behind me.

The same people who when they see a 50 MPH sign ahead due to road works and I am already sat at 54 MPH ( on cruise control) and am in the middle lane due to slower moving traffic come tearing past and then notice the cameras and the stand on the brakes and drop to about 48 MPH. They then decide they should actually be in the middle lane so they then pull in front of me and cause me to have to brake to avoid them.

and finaly the ones who when going down a slip road decide that 48 MPH is a good speed to join a motorway when there are lorries coming. If there are a line of lorries on the motorway speed up and then you can slot in between the gaps . Oh and while I am at it. When I move over to allow people to join a motorway and am sat at 76 MPH ( ON cruise control) and the person I have let out decides it will be a good idea to pull straight onto the middle lane at 60 MPH .

FFS join the motorway and the stay in the inner lane for a while until you have

1. got up to speed with the other traffic

2. had a good look in your mirrors to see who and what the speed of the traffic around you is

These are daily occurances if you spend any time on the motorways and just something that you need to be aware off.

I'll nominate the cyclist who shot out from in front of a bus from the left in front of me at a roundabout (god knows where he came from). It scared the shit out of him and he apologised so maybe only half a nob. Hopefully he'll start checking rather than just assuming in future.

I nominate the show off on his RSV4 who pulled out of a local cafe and gave it the beans while cranked over on his stone cold track tyres resulting in his bike having a lie down in the middle of a 50mph road!

The woman who appeared to slamming on the brakes for no apparant reason. First time OK, second time a split second later brown trousers as she'd taken out all my stopping distance with the first one so I was now much closer, and this time was to a complete stop. Third time I think she's just brake testing me even though I'm not tailgaiting, fourth time I'm well back shaking my head. Got alongside her at the traffic lights, knock on window and flip up visor.

"What the hell are you doing slamming on the brakes like that?"

"I'm sorry, I'm not slamming on the brakes, it's a rented car and there's something wrong with it, it keeps jumping out of gear and stopping" as she points to the automatic gear lever.

Yep, she's hitting the brake pedal with her left foot and pulling it out of Drive into Neutral.

I was too stunned by the stupidity to offer any advise on how you drive an automatic, I just shook my head and rode away.

The idiots who decided "Cycle Super Highways" in London were a good idea.

We now have Cyclists even more angry because pedestrians are crossing their new cycle lanes - and what makes it worse, they had people out all this week in some sort of uniform explaining that "Cyclists have right of way" and that pedestrians have to wait for the cyclists before crossing the cycle path... only a matter of time before pedestrians get hit on these cycle paths as they seem to have no speed limit and full of idiotic arrogant london cyclists. nobs.

We now have Cyclists even more angry because pedestrians are crossing their new cycle lanes - and what makes it worse, they had people out all this week in some sort of uniform explaining that "Cyclists have right of way" and that pedestrians have to wait for the cyclists before crossing the cycle path... only a matter of time before pedestrians get hit on these cycle paths as they seem to have no speed limit and full of idiotic arrogant london cyclists. nobs.

Surely that deserves a nob of the century award...

I disagree cyclists are all law abiding citizens, with total respect for the police and other road users....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR3X2C-WcVE

Not a gang of argumentative, arrogant know it alls....

I disagree cyclists are all law abiding citizens, with total respect for the police and other road users....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR3X2C-WcVE

Not a gang of argumentative, arrogant know it alls....

Think I am going to nominate the driver of an Audi A6 who sat in the outside lane.... I sat for a whilst in the middle lane thinking its not worth the effort. Finally I catch up with car in middle lane so pullout behind Audi...

As Audi clears car in middle lane I reduce distance between me and Audi to indicate I would like to go passed, nice kind driver goes for a nice big brake test.....

That would not be enough for the nomination it was when I thought f**k sit in middle lane or inside not behind this guy. Shoulder check its clear I signal in, he goes for a single left and swerves into middle lane with a bit of brake lights (no slowing this time). At this stage I drop a gear slow and he moves back into the outside lane, I move into the empty inside lane I can see him turning his head looking for me, I use the inside lane to undertake him and keep checking mirrors to check he's not playing chase...

From what I could see there was another car up his arse and his game was continuing....

Think I am going to nominate the driver of an Audi A6 who sat in the outside lane.... I sat for a whilst in the middle lane thinking its not worth the effort. Finally I catch up with car in middle lane so pullout behind Audi...

As Audi clears car in middle lane I reduce distance between me and Audi to indicate I would like to go passed, nice kind driver goes for a nice big brake test.....

That would not be enough for the nomination it was when I thought f**k sit in middle lane or inside not behind this guy. Shoulder check its clear I signal in, he goes for a single left and swerves into middle lane with a bit of brake lights (no slowing this time). At this stage I drop a gear slow and he moves back into the outside lane, I move into the empty inside lane I can see him turning his head looking for me, I use the inside lane to undertake him and keep checking mirrors to check he's not playing chase...

From what I could see there was another car up his arse and his game was continuing....

These people need a reality check!

Reminds me of the scam where people intentionally emergency brake for an insurance/injury claim.

Goes to the driver of the red mini with go faster white stripes who moved to close the gap while I was filtering. :roll:

However to off set this a big thank you to the white van man who had earlier moved over to make room for me. :thumb:

I had another one today on the M1 . Just crusing up to the start of the 50 MPH road works. In 3 lanes of moving traffic I'm in the outside lane. Just as we reach the first camera a young lad shoots up the middle lane and ends up with my front wheel being level with his rear wheel. He then decides to indicate and move into my lane at the same time. I am waiting for this so imeditatly hit the horn and move across slightly to the white line in the middle of the motorway. He then pulls back into his lane and then as I pull past him he starts the you F***inf W****** signs and others. He then decides he will try to scare me by moving his car towards me again as if to side swipe me. Unfortunatly for him I don't scare easy and didn't flinch. I just looked at him and shook my head and laughed at him.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday's NOTD was some idiotic old codger who came off the A10/A14 roundabout in the middle lane (science park access) and after realising/deciding it wasn't the lane he wanted to be in, shifted to the left lane (city centre) without actually looking to see if anyone was already in it. Which is where I was. Twat.

The fecking bell end who cut from the left hand lane, across my middle Lane to get to the lane to go where he actually wanted to be without indicating or looking. Twat

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Had two, one woman just walked into the road in front of me, my light was on green she just walked out and looked baffled when I beeped like she'd done nothing wrong. Then further along approaching a roundabout a guy decides he wanted to be in my lane, so just drifts in front of me and forces me towards the kerb whilst I slow down enough to get him infront of me. Gave him a beep and an angry wave.

Yesterday's nob is an ebayer with whom I'd made a deal for some wet tyres.

Communication was fine and we fixed a time for me to pick them up after work. I was just about to set off for the 3 hour round trip when I got a message saying he'd just flogged them to someone else. :roll:

The 16 plate KIA who raced down the second lane of the dual carridgeway this morning, then noticing the roundabout looming at an alarming rate up ahead, then decided he did in fact want to be in the left lane.. Where I was.

Throws his car sideways, into my lovely braking zone, then slams on his own brakes to prepare for the roundabout.

F you, dude. :evil:

I was about a second from being knocked off this morning! Bus driver obviously didn't see me on a roundabout, I was exiting just next to where he would enter. He started to edge just before I crossed his path (nothing new there, happens all the time), then as I was in front of him full on set off. If the thing wasn't so slow I'd have been either under the bus or across the roundabout right now. He came off the roundabout behind me so I turned and gave him angry fist shakes and carried on. Spent the next 10 minutes of my commute thinking how close I was to getting knocked off.

:stupid:

NOTD this am goes to the BMW (how unusual!) driver who decided that he would pull to my right (at a roundabout) and then try and out-accellerate me into a single (straight on) lane.

Good job his brakes work (NB. His indicators don't!).

I left him in the fumes from my exhausts ( a disappearing dot in my mirrors).

As I mentioned before, the Rocket does try to 'wheelie' when you pull full throttle in 2nd!

:booty:

:stupid:

NOTD this am goes to the BMW (how unusual!) driver who decided that he would pull to my right (at a roundabout) and then try and out-accellerate me into a single (straight on) lane.

Good job his brakes work (NB. His indicators don't!).

I left him in the fumes from my exhausts ( a disappearing dot in my mirrors).

As I mentioned before, the Rocket does try to 'wheelie' when you pull full throttle in 2nd!

:booty:

Rocket by name rocket by nature then GOG :lol:

NOTD goes to the twat on a fireblade who was stuck to my rear tyre like glue all the way through the middle of Southampton (30 mph, city centre, heavy traffic), then overtook me on a blind bend (good job the driver coming the other way was quick on the brakes), then went flying up Shirley High St at probably double the speed limit. Anyone who knows the area will know that gunning it up Shirley High St at 60+ mph on a busy Saturday afternoon is a really good way to have a bad accident. Or kill a child. Hats off to you, Mr Fireblade, you are a f**king dick.

Yesterday my wife had to slam on her brakes going on a roundabout as the car in front of her decided to stop in the middle to allow other cars to come on :shock:

Lots of beeping and swearing by her i'm sure :mrgreen: